Alright, well here's the deal.....I've been part of a punk "band" for quite some time. (Havent actually performed as of yet) We just write a few songs here and there and get together to play 'em. It's just that whenever I write a song, the actual musical part turns out just fine but I can NEVER write lyrics for them....They always either just dont fit to the song, dont fit the style, or I just can't write at all for some reason : /
Anyone else seem to have been endlessly stuck working with lyrics? Any advice? I REALLY need help.

(I know this should probably go in the lyrics forum, but to be honest, I'd rather hear from The Pit )
Quote by Teabag of Truth
I soak my contacts in hot sauce every night. Then I wake up and stir my coffee with my erect penis. **** y'all.
At first I thought this thread was going to be about growling singers that just go "GRRWRWAARRRRARRRR", but the thread title confused me.

Anyways, you have to think about it, ask anyone else in the band if they can come up with lyrics, you can fit the lyrics to the song, it's just a matter of inspiration.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Some people have the gift of poerty, some people dont. You, sir, do not. Oh well.

Oh, and *REPORTED*, wrong forum bud.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Try and get inspiration from somewhere. Use words that others musos/poets have used and make them mean something to yourself. Melody > Lyrics.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by Dog454
At first I thought this thread was going to be about growling singers that just go "GRRWRWAARRRRARRRR", but the thread title confused me.

Anyways, you have to think about it, ask anyone else in the band if they can come up with lyrics, you can fit the lyrics to the song, it's just a matter of inspiration.

+1
just find some inspiration, and go fit stuff in. its sometimes easier to get lyrics before a song and then work them around it too.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Do what countless other bands do and make your lyrics undiscernable. That way, no one will be able to hear/care about your lyrics that are ****ty/make no sense.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X