Page 1 of 2
Ya I smoke. This thread is geared towards the UGers that are legally of age to smoke.
So how much does a pack or carton cost where you live? I live in Michigan (If you live in Michigan I'm sure you're aware of it. Not the fact that you live in Mi. but the tax incrreases) and our wonderful governor has pushed thru tax increases on cigarettes of $2.00 + over the last 2 years. A pack of smokes is now over $5.00. Ya I know you folks in Canada and Europe pay more than I do. However I have just reduced the cost of smokes to under $10.00 a carton. How you ask? I'll tell you how. I just bought a machine that makes smokes for $25.00. A pound of tobacco for $16.00, and a box of pre-rolled papers and filters for $2.00(Qty. of 200). A pound of tobacco is supposed to make about 500 smokes. So I figure I'm going to down around $8.00 - $9.00 a carton.
It took me about an hour to make a carton.
Anyone else do this and if so is it worth the effort for you?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
why the hell would you do that to save like 2 bucks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I live on the border of two counties. In one, the average price is $4-5

In the other, everything starts around $8.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by GdayArmstrong
usualy around 3.40ish for a pack of my favorites, marlboro reds. mmmm

+1 reds ftw!
i live in ny and i pay about 4.50ish, sometimes a little less, for a pack of camels. but i usually go to pa or the indian reservations and buy a carton or two to save some money.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
$4.50 for muh Camels. Which lasts me forever because I rarely smoke.
Quote by XtremeSkater69
"AW YEA BITCH BAWLS IN DA ASS" while his homies in the background are like, "YEA ANTOINE FREAK DAT BITCH!!!!!"

I wanna be Jackie Onassis
I wanna wear a pair of dark sunglasses
I wanna be Jackie oh oh OH OH PLEASE DON'T DIE
idk sometimes i'll buy packs that are a little more expensive, like those camel frost, but only because they're buy one get one free.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
why the hell would you do that to save like 2 bucks

because I smoke abut 15 packs a week.
Do the math
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by FRDesign
Smokes:

phail

Thank you Capt. Obvious.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
You pay around 6.00 where I'm from (WMass), 4.90 for off brand ones i think. I haven't checked here (EMass)-- i myself don't actually smoke.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
i live in nj... 7 bucks for a single pack, 10 for a buy one get one
Quote by dumps

...erm lets see...what did i do... you know the holes in the side of shoe boxes? i put my flaccid dick in one, then started to get a hardon, and the box got stuck on my dick, i had to tear it off (the box, not my penis.)
lucky ****
in canada I pay like 9 bucks for a pack of 25 king size Du Mauriers
12 bucks for Shag
Anywhere between £5.30-£6.50

UK cigarette prices...
Member of the Nobuo Uematsu Fan Club

FFIX and FFXII Fan

The pit on incest....

Quote by wiggy1988
more like WINcest amirite?
^ Asinine judgmental more please.
Quote by Jackal58
Do the math

Holy ****! That's like 2 packs a day. You fingertips and nails on the index and middle of your dominant hand must be permanently stained.

Dial it back to half of that, if you can. That'll also reduce the time needed to make a weeks worth from 1 1/2 hrs to 45 minutes.

Or just join the military and go overseas. They don't charge the GI's tax.
That's where all the money is in tobacco.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Holy ****! That's like 2 packs a day. You fingertips and nails on the index and middle of your dominant hand must be permanently stained.

Dial it back to half of that, if you can. That'll also reduce the time needed to make a weeks worth from 1 1/2 hrs to 45 minutes.

Or just join the military and go overseas. They don't charge the GI's tax.
That's where all the money is in tobacco.

Actually most of the time they sit and burn to nothing. And ya the cheapest I ever burned up my money was in the Army in Belgium . They were like $2.50 a carton at the time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I dip... its about $3 for a tin of skoal on the reservations in NY, Cigarettes are similar priced.
The cheapest I can usually get them for is $12, but sometimes they get up to around $14 for a 25-pack of pretty much anything.

That's in Sydney, Australia.
Quote by The Blind Man
The cheapest I can usually get them for is $12, but sometimes they get up to around $14 for a 25-pack of pretty much anything.

That's in Sydney, Australia.

oh my fuckign god. and i used to say i hate the souther US. you wont see anyone buying a pack that cost more than $5 here.
Yeah it's pretty bad. When I'm short on money I switch to rollies which is about $17 including tally-hos and filters, which ends up making I'd say about 70+ ciggies which is pretty good.
Quote by Jackal58
Actually most of the time they sit and burn to nothing. And ya the cheapest I ever burned up my money was in the Army in Belgium . They were like $2.50 a carton at the time.
hahaha my ex used to do that. ... and she'd get pissed at me if I snuffed it out after she left one burning in the ashtray and left the room.

The guys in the service who didn't smoke used to buy cartons and take them off-base and sell them to the black marketers for about 5 times what they bought them for. Some of them got caught and MAJOR trouble came down on them. Morons.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Jackal58
Ya I smoke. This thread is geared towards the UGers that are legally of age to smoke.
So how much does a pack or carton cost where you live? I live in Michigan (If you live in Michigan I'm sure you're aware of it. Not the fact that you live in Mi. but the tax incrreases) and our wonderful governor has pushed thru tax increases on cigarettes of $2.00 + over the last 2 years. A pack of smokes is now over $5.00. Ya I know you folks in Canada and Europe pay more than I do. However I have just reduced the cost of smokes to under $10.00 a carton. How you ask? I'll tell you how. I just bought a machine that makes smokes for $25.00. A pound of tobacco for $16.00, and a box of pre-rolled papers and filters for $2.00(Qty. of 200). A pound of tobacco is supposed to make about 500 smokes. So I figure I'm going to down around $8.00 - $9.00 a carton.
It took me about an hour to make a carton.
Anyone else do this and if so is it worth the effort for you?

Hahaha.....Granholm FTL.

She tax's everything, I mean comon singing telegrams!?!
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
hahaha my ex used to do that. ... and she'd get pissed at me if I snuffed it out after she left one burning in the ashtray and left the room.

The guys in the service who didn't smoke used to buy cartons and take them off-base and sell them to the black marketers for about 5 times what they bought them for. Some of them got caught and MAJOR trouble came down on them. Morons.

Ya I knew guys that did that. And no I am not your ex. I usually don't let them sit and smolder I usually just walk around with the damn things between my fingers until the burning sensation tells me to drop it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
i dont smoke but Everyone else in my family Does
$15 for a pack
Packs come with 25 smokes but still retarted prices
intense eh?
Cancer.
^ Holy ****, $15?

I've been lucky from what I've seen in different states, about $4.50 a pack.
Quote by Jackal58
Do the math

so you save 30 bucks... for 15 hours of your time making smokes....
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
Quote by nirvana23freak
so you save 30 bucks... for 15 hours of your time making smokes....

15Hrs? No sir you misunderstood. It took me about an hour to make a carton. Thats 10 packs. And it was my first effort. I'm sure I can do it a bit faster next time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
sounds like you've come up with a good plan. tobacco's expensive you gotta save where you can. now if only I could can my own Copenhagen...
For a pack of 25 in Australia it's normally $11-$12, but I roll my own which normally costs about $25 for the tobacco, papers and filters but you can normally get around 130 cigarettes out of it.
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
in canada, i pay around 10$ for belmonts or 12ish for benson and hedges as they are mad tasty. although if im feeling greedy and not too picky i can get a carton of natives for about 20
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
i pay $5.00 or $5.50 for a pack... not too bad.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
Ah the advantages of living in a nation where tobacco is native...

I usually smoke American Spirits (rather expensive cigarettes by American standards). They run me about $5.25/pack in Baltimore. But I'd say the average price is floating around $4.15 here.
Like $8, it loves the blacks.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by Jackal58
Ya I knew guys that did that. And no I am not your ex. I usually don't let them sit and smolder I usually just walk around with the damn things between my fingers until the burning sensation tells me to drop it.
Obviously not.
If you and I ever hooked up, they wouldn't be able to separate us with a crowbar.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Page 1 of 2