capo 4th fret its a barred E, but i cant get it to ring out out....my fingers aren't long enough it seems....and that sucks...lol but maybe its a tough cord for everyone? let me know please....some tips maybe or positive feed back would be nice

4fret
e|-x-|---|---|---|
B|---|-x-|---|---|
G|-x-|---|---|---|
D|---|---|-x-|---|
A|---|---|---|-x-|
E|-x-|---|---|---|
well if theres a capo on the fourth fret, which you show there, all you are really doing is a C chord in relation to the capo. i really dont know much about guitar, but thats what it looks like to me.

-mroe
It's not hard for me, but I have huge fingers. But yeah just play a regular E barre.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
its not about your finger being long enough, its about your finger being strong enough. if you cant barre then the muscles in your hands aren't developed enough and you need to keep practicing. you will never become a good guitarist if you cant barre chords. thats the truth
those are pretty straight frets in that drawing there
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
what you've got there is E/Ab. Ab is the third of the E chord. or possibly an Ab minor augmented.

a lot of chord shapes may seem difficult at first, but with a little practice back and forth with other chords they quickly become familiar
Member #1 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club
PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo

Ibanez RG1570
Tone Zone
Paf Pro
Aria STG-003DX
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Boss DD-20
MXR ZW-44
Boss TU-2
The E barre chord might sound too thin and tinny because it's all the way on the ninth fret. The C shape barre chord adds dynamics to a chord progression, instead of playing all straight A-shape and E-shape barre chords.
that chord is no problem to play with a barre chord. The capo has its uses but if you can barre something do it.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by st.stephen
The E barre chord might sound too thin and tinny because it's all the way on the ninth fret. The C shape barre chord adds dynamics to a chord progression, instead of playing all straight A-shape and E-shape barre chords.

+1

e|-x-|---|---|---|
B|---|-x-|---|---|
G|-x-|---|---|---|
D|---|---|-x-|---|
A|---|---|---|-x-|
E|-x-|---|---|---|

How long are you playing?
It's not very hard for me.

Why do you have to play this exactly chord, btw.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.