Page 1 of 2
So what metal singers today would you like to see go on American Idol, or the European equivalents. I personally would love to see the judges try and say that Mikael from Opeth, or Jari from Wintersun have a bad voice, because they can freaking sing, and scream. So who would you like to see go on?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I thought this was going to be about the people who try out on the show who purposely go in there and growl/scream, not because they think they'll get in, but to prove how badassed they are..
Quote by technicolour
I thought this was going to be about the people who try out on the show who purposely go in there and growl/scream, not because they think they'll get in, but to prove how badassed they are..

Yeah, well this was inspired from those. I was watching some right now, and I was wondering what would happened if some real badass metal singers go on.

Edit: To Jc13, Yeah Warrel Dane from Nevermore! I can't believe I forgot him. Also Matt Barlow from Iced Earth now in Pyramaze.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
ICS Vortex, Warrel Dane, Jari Maenpaa, Akerdfelt, Stu Block, Carlos Zema, Hansi Kursch, Matt Barlow, Devin Townshend, Bruce Dickinson, Lord Worm, and Christian Älvestam.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Another good one I would like to see just for the lulz would definitely have to be Varg from Burzum, that would be awesome, or maybe Abbath in his corpse paint and armour.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Another good one I would like to see just for the lulz would definitely have to be Varg from Burzum

This got me thinking, I wonder how a group of Idol judges would respond to a truly good growler/scremer/etc? The ones they have seen are horrible and they have seen one (the black metal guy) who was average at best.

Would they **** them self? Shoo him off as rubbish? Or just point him to a local metal venue?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica, Warrel Dane, and Hansi (with his voce from a few years ago...he's starting to sound a lil old)
Quote by The Virtuoso
Another good one I would like to see just for the lulz would definitely have to be Varg from Burzum, that would be awesome, or maybe Abbath in his corpse paint and armour.

Sorry to double post, but Varg is an absolutely horrible singer (practically painful to listen to, and I enjoy a wide range of the growl spectrum). The only reason he gets by is it fits the feel of the music perfectly, and he puts so much emotion into his voice.
^Yeah, Varg's scream isn't my favorite, but I think his is unique, and has a lot of emotion in it. Also to VampireGoldfish, yeah I want to know what would happen if an awesome screamer of growler went on that show. I would love to see Mikael Stanne go on, because he has one of the best screaming voices in my opinion. Finally I would love to see Tim from Ne Obliviscaris go on, because he is amazing, and easily my new favorite clean vocalist when it comes to metal.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Well, if they had really awesome clean vocals, I'm sure they'd let them through to the next round.

I can't really think of any singers that I would want to see go on. It would be cool to see a person who could sing amazingly as well as be really good at screaming and growling on those Idol shows though.
we know a place no spaceships go
Quote by The Virtuoso
Also to VampireGoldfish, yeah I want to know what would happen if an awesome screamer of growler went on that show. I would love to see Mikael Stanne go on, because he has one of the best screaming voices in my opinion. Finally I would love to see Tim from Ne Obliviscaris go on, because he is amazing, and easily my new favorite clean vocalist when it comes to metal.

Overall, I would like a full on Metal Assault. A singer from all different spectrum's and styles and techniques. All one after another, hell I would pay to see that.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Kimby

It would be cool to see a person who could sing amazingly as well as be really good at screaming and growling on those Idol shows though.

There are a LOT of people who can growl and sing amazingly and they are very high on my list of people I would want to see.

Especially Stu Block .
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I think Barlow could probably stand a chance period. But i'd like to see King go and see how they react. Then see how he reacts.
Just for the lulz, Dani Filth.

Serious answer, I'd like to see Jason Mendonca from Akercocke go and see how he does. His growls aren't that great but I like his clean vocals.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
There are a LOT of people who can growl and sing amazingly and they are very high on my list of people I would want to see.

Especially Stu Block .

OMFG lol!

I now Stu. I love that style of singing
Quote by Senor Kristian
Christian Älvestam of Scar Symmetry & Matt Bachand of Shadows Fall (good @ death grunts as well as cleans)
Dead (R.I.P) from Mayhem.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Muhammad from Necrophagist
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
um, none of them. that show is one of the worst things to ever happen to the world, and i would instantly lose respect for anyone who went on that
hello
Quote by Contraband
Seth Putnam.

lmao, GO ANAL ****
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
get James LaBrie up there to sing "Wait For Sleep"
sure he isn't really good 'metal' singer but that song has one of the best vocal performances ever

I'd love to hear David Vincent growl "Hatework" too, he'd crush the judges with his voice

or just get Russell Allen there, he would be the winner no matter what he'd sing
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Rengori
Just for the lulz, Dani Filth.

Serious answer, I'd like to see Jason Mendonca from Akercocke go and see how he does. His growls aren't that great but I like his clean vocals.

just for the lulz!!?"?!?! man dani is still an AMZING growler!! yea.. the growls got him by the throat att the time but still...AMZING...
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by Ardius
Bruce Dickinson, he can sing Delilah!, rofl.
It would also be funny to see it on the X Factor, purely to see Sharon act all awkward......

+1

Also on X-Factor , I'd like to see Ozzy.
Angela Gossow.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
1. American Idol is the 'equivalent' of Pop Idol which was originally a british programme, so shh.

2. There's a video of a guy on I think the german equivalent going on and doing BM vocals. Find it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
^Swedish version. And one of the judges said that he thought he was really good. He sang a Dimmu Borgir song, IIRC.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
^Swedish version. And one of the judges said that he thought he was really good. He sang a Dimmu Borgir song, IIRC.

Fair enough lol. I haven't watched it in ages, and I couldn't understand the judges but I thought they were decent vox too.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Dio, Sebastian Bach, Phil Anselmo (singing), and James Hetfield would probably pass through to the finals, and I bet Sebastian and Dio could win if they entered as normal guys and not metal stars.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Dio, Sebastian Bach, Phil Anselmo (singing), and James Hetfield would probably pass through to the finals, and I bet Sebastian and Dio could win if they entered as normal guys and not metal stars.

Hetfield would NOT make it to the finals. His voice is really bad now, and I know it is because he blew it out. He used to be good, but not so much anymore.
Page 1 of 2