A guy i meet at school is going to come over with his friend to jam at my house. That's the cool part but the bad part (well at least for me) is that they Are more into shredding and i hardly know anything about that(playing wise). So is there anyway(i know there isnt) for me not to look like a complete noob on guitar? I am thinking i should asking them to teach me a few things
Find out what bands they like and learn to play like them.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
do an amazing acoustic guitar solo! then rename yourself yngwie malmsteen and go into a spiraling descent into true madness...
Play rhythm for them.

They should be able to respect the fact that you are not accomplished in the art of shredding. And honestly, if they can really shred, they will know that it takes time and effort. Just lay out some good backing rhythm for them and have fun.
epic7734
Quote by epic7734
Play rhythm for them.

They should be able to respect the fact that you are not accomplished in the art of shredding. And honestly, if they can really shred, they will know that it takes time and effort. Just lay out some good backing rhythm for them and have fun.

+1

If they make fun of you. They're jerks. Don't hang with 'em again. Simple as that.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
A guy i meet at school is going to come over with his friend to jam at my house. That's the cool part but the bad part (well at least for me) is that they Are more into shredding and i hardly know anything about that(playing wise). So is there anyway(i know there isnt) for me not to look like a complete noob on guitar? I am thinking i should asking them to teach me a few things

what kind of music do you play usually?
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
but out some angels and airwaves and melt their faces off. if not do some tapping, its easier than shredding and sounds cool

wtf, angels and airwaves suck. by no means are you to play them. the guys will just laugh at you and leave.
Learn to focus on what's your strong sides, not what's your weakest sides.

It's absurd that everyone seems to think that learning to shred is important to become a good guitarist.
If shredding is not your thing and they tell you you are a bad player or something, tell them to go f themselves.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by kw!nton
wtf, angels and airwaves suck. by no means are you to play them. the guys will just laugh at you and leave.

yep..

play what you know

ask what you want to know

easy
Quote by kw!nton

Turn the sarcasm detector and reread, please.

You can always play rhythm for them, and if you want to get in the shredding they can help you.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.