Today i figured out that if i put my amp cable in such a way i can listen to the radio through my amp and adjust it the way it sounds by messing with the knobs. bad part i can only get radio disney. anyone noe y this happens?
my amp picks up radio as well as signals from my washing machine in the next room
My Fender 15 SS POS Frontman amp does. I thought it was from my Cry Baby picking up signals and sending them to the amp, but then it did it while the Cry Baby wasn't plugged in. That POS is now going to be used as 1 of 2 PA speakers at band practises.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
I've only been able to do it once
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
my rmc does
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
My homemade fuzz picks up horse-racing and AirForce frequencies and plays them through my amp.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Using a better cable tends to solve it.

And yeah it's quite a common problem. In fact, the noise at the beginning of Satch's 'Flying In A Blue Dream' is just a recording of random radio signals coming through his amp...
I never knew that^. To be constructive, no, my amp doesn't pick up radio signals.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
My Silvertone picks up radio signals alot if I am playing more that 10 feet away from it, it also picks up something else, don't know whether it's a phone call or baby monitor or what, somebody told me a while ago it was cheap cables but that didn't fix anything.
i'd love to know how to solve this, however it only happens to me when i turn on my wah, its fine otherwise. As soon as i hit the wah all i get is frigging terry wogan ranting on about **** as usual
Wahs do tend to pick up radio signals for some reason, although it might just be the crybaby. Personally though I've never had a problem with it.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
I believe it has something to do with your cable being unbalanced. That is one exlplanation, probably some other explanations.

"The Purple-Shirted Eye stabber"
"I don't care what you say, I don't care what you do. I'm not gonna be a mud hippy... like you!"

Quote by 3nemy
i'd love to know how to solve this, however it only happens to me when i turn on my wah, its fine otherwise. As soon as i hit the wah all i get is frigging terry wogan ranting on about **** as usual

Same here, I get it when I use my Dunlop CB Wah along with a Compressor.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Fuzz Factorys are great at picking up radio signals
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
i imagine its got something to with the ground connection on either the amp or the pedals that is usually the cause of unwanted noise or frequencies, according to my electronics book anyway.
I used to get it with my Kustom Quad DFX, but it stopped after I hooked my EH Metal muff to it.
Quote by 3nemy

Here's why: http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=support/faq_gcb_radio
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
my marshall G50RCD does XD
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
Mine do it when I use my MXR dime distortion....adds a lot of hum to the loop.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio