whats up with this thing

does anyone know how many tubes this thing holds

if you have one please tell me
ivw been looking eveywhere and i cant find a damn thing about it
Isn't it just a DSP solid state amp?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It has some weird tube emulation circuitry, but it's definitely a solid state amp (despite what SamAsh says ).
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yah thats what i was thinking they keep on saying its an all tube tone amp or somesht like that

but then i saw the price and then figured it was to good to be true
ill probly end up with a valve standard or a AC15
whar do you guys think
I'm not such a big fan of the AC15. What music do you play?
Quote by utsapp89
nothing in particular more on the bluesy side
but also i want something that will sound good for metal with a pedal included
its actually not a bad amp at all. i got the chance to play it for quite some time a while back when i was looking for a new amp and i really enjoyed it. butg something kept telling me to not buy it. it was nothing against the amp at all, but im glad i held off since i got the amp i wanted.

there arent any downsides really. its got nice cleans, some fun simple effects, and fairly loud (my orange is considerably louder though and its only 5 watts more). the only thing i didnt get was why the cab was sooooo big. there is only one speaker in that sucker, so i dunno what epi was thinking.

try it out. its great for blues. i dunno how well itll perform for metal though (what is up with everyone and metal in this forum? geees lol)

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune