Hi guys, I am living in a rented house, and the other night, I managed to kick a little dent in the wall.

I thought nothing of it, but the hole has started getting bigger. It is a layer of paint, which has dried, with plastery cement stuff underneath, which has started to crumble away. Now the hole is roughly triangular, with one edge about 3 inches. The deepest part of the hole is about 1 inch

I realise that I should probably tell the landlord ASAP, but I know for a fact that he'll charge me at least one hundred pounds.

Is it going to be possible to fix this up myself? Is it really as simple as getting a pot of polyfilla or whatever and applying into the hole and smoothing it with one of those flat trowels? or will it need deepening first, like repairing cracks.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
if you have paint that matches the paint on the wall already, just use some spackle or whatever the hell you call it in the UK to fill the hole, then sand it smooth and paint over it

thats pretty much the only way i see of fixing it
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Sit a couch in front of it or something. If you paid a deposit, you can kiss that goodbye unless you DO plaster over it...which I've never done personally. I just leave and never get my deposit back...but you're from London...your country is weird.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I'm starting to think that there's no way I can fix it myself.

The plaster inside is really just like sand.

God damn
Haha, I kicked a hole in my wall when I was 13. For my hole: I cut out the messed up section of drywall (I'm assuming that is what "plastery cement stuff" is), cut a new piece that fit in the space like a puzzle piece, attached it, spackled over it for the texture stuff, then painted it
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
this hole in the wall is clearly a manifestation of your stress levels. you got a bit overworked, so you kicked the wall in frustration. now your worrying about that little dent, and as it begins to stress your more the hole in the wall grows. Making you more stressed cause the house aint yours. making the whole bigger.

/psychology
ehh
Quote by skaguitarist53
this hole in the wall is clearly a manifestation of your stress levels. you got a bit overworked, so you kicked the wall in frustration. now your worrying about that little dent, and as it begins to stress your more the hole in the wall grows. Making you more stressed cause the house aint yours. making the whole bigger.

/psychology

My God, it's full of stars!
i wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. look for some cheap labor. living next to mexico has its advantages...
well, best of luck.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
duct tape+paint=no worrys
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Get drywall plaster, drywall tape, a trowell, and try to find the same color of paint. Then get to work!
ಥ_ಥ
The psychology is pretty relevant, as the hole gets bigger, my worries get bigger. The bigger the hole, the harder it is to fix.

Problem is, it's not the dry wall, it is the actual wall, and it's all crumbling, it needs a DIY expert to fix it, because an amateur like me would knock more and more loose sand out just trying to do it.

I tried taping it over to keep the paint layer together a few days ago, but it didn't hold it together properly.

I didn't kick the wall in anger, I tapped it accidentally, because I always move my feet around when I'm at a desk.

It's just a shame I was wearing steel toe doc martens.

I also don't think that having a sub bass woofer right next to the crumbling part helped.

The paint job in this room is pretty bad anyway. No wallpaper, just crudely plastered wall with a multitude of dents and splodged paint splatters.

I've decided that I'm not going to let the landlord charge me. This room was incorrectly decorated, and the wall should not be crumbling. He can take the labour cost (2 hours?) out of my deposit. No more, no less.

I've always come across to as being a serious, austere character who doesn't get pushed around, so all I have to do is live up to that.

The hole in the wall in my mind is repairing itself