I know that ampeg is primarily a bass cabs manufacturer,
but is this specific one?

Looks like it. I think any cab can be a bass cab as long as the speakers are big. They're just speakers.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I was wondering because im afraid to play my strat through it with a regular head
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Looks like it. I think any cab can be a bass cab as long as the speakers are big. They're just speakers.

Just because the speakers are big doesn't necessarily mean it's a bass cab. 4x10 and 8x10's are a popular type of speaker arrangement. 4x15 is something I have not seen.

You won't hurt anything running a guitar amp into a bass cab, but it may sound off.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Well playing guitar through a bass amp won't hurt it, but playing bass through a guitar amp is a whole other story. The frequencies are too low for the guitar amp to handle so it blows the speaker.
Ben
Quote by muffinman123192
Well playing guitar through a bass amp won't hurt it, but playing bass through a guitar amp is a whole other story. The frequencies are too low for the guitar amp to handle so it blows the speaker.

People have blown my school's bass amps (one of them an SWR) by plugging an electric guitar in and cranking the volume, so it works both ways. Though i think the guitar into a bass amp is a safer play.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Really? I though people were using the original Fender Bassmans for guitar instead of bass? That's why I thought like that.
Ben
Ampeg has made plenty of guitar amp heads, too. Are those 12" speakers in there? Looks like it. I'm nearly 100% sure that's a guitar cab.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
you could try asking ampeg themselves. email them some more pictures. get the model number, and any info on the back panel.

check the power handling in the back.. if its really high, maybe 500+ watts, its probably a bass cab.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.