ok i always see things about trimpots and volume pots and all other kind of pots..what are pots lol? oh also what does dB mean? like 20 dB?
Pots aka Potentiometers are the part of the knobs of your guitar that "do the work" - aka cutting volume or treble.

dB = Decibels = a unit for measuring volume.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Pot is short for Potentiometer, used for both volume and tone controls on guitars, amps, radios, TVs, you name it.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...