what does turning the tone know down on ur guitar do? lower treble for bridge and neck pickups?
Lowers the general tone for the selected pickup(s)
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
what does that mean though... lowered tone = ? lower what?.. i leave mine at 10 usually.. sometimes i roll it back to 5 and use neck pickup for solos... i know how it sounds but i dont know what is actually being lowered when i roll tone knob back
Quote by makuserusukotto
rolls off some treble, add slightly more bass

Does it add bass? Rly?

*goes to check commonplace book*
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
it cuts back the treble, so you'll get less distortion as well
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i like heavy metal.. does anyone ever roll the tone back playing rythm? does anyone roll it back to 0? when should i use it lol?
the tone knob only cuts treble frequencies, leaving mids and bass. the result is a more mellower sound. if its on 10 then it is not cutting anything, if it is on zero then it is cutting all. i think its more of a personal preference what number to keep it on though.
Quote by kirkhammett09
i like heavy metal.. does anyone ever roll the tone back playing rythm? does anyone roll it back to 0? when should i use it lol?

I roll it back to zero to get a really throaty sound on my solos, will also roll it back if I want to play open chords with a lot of drive, and get a really smooth sound, but as far as rhythm in metal goes, I almost always use the bridge pickup with the tone knob on ten. I ususally keep the tone control for my neck pickup set to six, but will fiddle with it as I see fit during a song.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by T.Rextacy
Makes you sound like Carlos Santana

I think Carlos' tone is really derived mostly from his technique.

And his multi thousand dollar rig, not his tone knob
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
I think Carlos' tone is really derived mostly from his technique.

And his multi thousand dollar rig, not his tone knob

i think it was a joke,
Quote by crzywhiteboy
i think it was a joke,

Some people eh?

it was a joke btw. Santana's tone mostly comes from his guitar, especially the neck which is 1 piece of whatever wood it is lol.
It cuts the treble frequencies. If you turn it down with a clean signal, you get a nice jazzy tone. Turn it down with an overdriven amp and you get that Clapton "woman" tone (best with humbuckers).
Well, my tone knob acts like a second volume.

...yeah, I suck at wiring....
Quote by Hoser
It cuts the treble frequencies. If you turn it down with a clean signal, you get a nice jazzy tone. Turn it down with an overdriven amp and you get that Clapton "woman" tone (best with humbuckers).

It's cool, cause if you turn down the tone knob on a strat, and add a Tubescreamer to it, it sounds like a humbucker equiped guitar almost.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!