I need some tips on how to improve my mile time. I can't beat it anymore. I jog a mile almost everyday but I only time it about once a week. My current time is 8:07. exercises that will help me build endurance, stamina, and speed would be helpful.

Edit:Forgot to mention I only have about an hour or two of spare time except on weekends.
Last edited by Manimosity at Oct 17, 2007,
run stairs, not like your house stairs though. Go to your highschool and run the stairs in the bleachers at the football field or something.
try jogging/running more than a mile each day (4-5), also theres a workout where you run a block hard, then jog a block, then run, etc. or you can run several half mile and or quarter miles with a 2-3 minute break between each interval, do enough to add up to 4-6 miles total. if you have been using a track and therefor can't do the run hard every other block go on mapmyrun.com, and just set a course to follow (again 4-5 miles) i run cross country and track i find these workouts the easiest to explain and i do them more often than other workouts. my mile time last year started just under 7 minutes its down to a 5:26 now so these do work
o and lifting weights can't hurt, my coaches have me do it twice a week but i dont know if they're being dicks or if it actually helps with running, either way it wouldn't make you slower
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Last edited by rhcpwhitey at Oct 17, 2007,
yeah ^. you can build endurance by being able to run further than the mile. for example, cross country runners run ~6 mi a day, their races are only 3 miles.

be careful with those weights though. they can also seriously mess up your legs by pulling muscles etc.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by hug a llama
Wear ankle weights for like a whole day. My friends say it helps.

DO NOT wear ankle weights. This confuses your muscles and can cause a lot of harm.
airalert.com
increases vertical by 8 to 16 inches (I have done it) That is bound to increase your mile.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Unfortunately my new school has no football team(=[)...any sports team for that matter so running a track or bleachers is not an option.

About how long will it take to see results if I do about 4 miles one day then rest in a continuos pattern. I'll mix it up a little too.
My current time is 6:37.
I'd say run the mile at least once a week (if you're not already doing so), and try and set a faster lap pace each time.
Also, sprint your ass off on the last lap. It's tiring, but worth it.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9