Hey, I have an Ibanez RG2570E Prestige model, and my edge pro trem is uneven.

Its primarily in dropped c, though ive unlocked the nut and tuned up to d standard (light/.10-.46 gauge). I didnt adjust any spring tension in the bridge itself. Could the tension from the low 6th string be a problem, where its dropped an extra step, or should that not matter, right?

I also notice a "click" (more so of a "jerk") upon lowered/possibly raising the bar. Maybe this is pertains to it? I do think i should mess with the fine tuners some.

All in all... Whats the best way to fix this keeping the same tuning and same string gauge? Adjust the springs in the bridge?

(By the way; I was told that 9's wouldnt be good for dropped C and this type of bridge (such as a Floyd Rose bridge), but wouldnt those work if the proper adjustments were made)?
You're using 9's w/ drop C? Sheezy. I would use 11's, personally. I honestly don't know what to say, other than that you just have to mess around with it. Put some thicker strings on, for starters-THEN tune to to whatever dropped tuning you want. Put different combinations of springs in, adjust the bridge...I've always had a lot of trouble with changing tunings/string guages on my Schaller, so I feel ya.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Tuning to drop C with anything lighter than 11s seems somewhat counterproductive. Extra light strings don't really respond well to low tunings, not to mention they get floppy.

Put a set of 11s, and tune until your trem knife edges are parallel to your guitar body. This may take a little bit of time to get right. If your springs are too loose (bridge dives towards the neck), then undertune and tighten the springs until level. If the bridge sinks into the trem cavity, overtune a bit, then loosen the springs until level. When you get your trem angle right, you should not hear any clicks or jerks or hoots from your trem.

Also, dropping to C from D standard will affect the level of your bridge, so if you only use drop C, then balance your trem for drop C, and not D standard.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I do use 10s, not 9s. I thought you could switch between tunings (such as dropped and standard) without hurting it too much.

I may want to wait until my other bandmate guitarist comes by, he knows guitar repair better than I do... So, what are the effects if i dont get this repaired, say?
I use 11's for dropped C, as for the bridge, adjust the two screws at each side.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
In adjusting said screws, should i unlock the locks at the nut first, then adjust the screws? then re-tune? or how should i take this?
I reckon nothing is really broken. The choice of strings is up to you, so whatever feels good to you is a go - but you definitely want to keep your trem level regardless of which strings you use. Offbeat trem angle can in time lead to damage of your knife edges, and you really don't want that to happen. Not to mention, it leads to tuning loss and, occasionally, to assorted clicks from the trem. So pop your trem cover open, and balance the tension of the springs and the strings. The physics involved in the process are way below the level of rocket science.

The inability to seamlessly go into a dropped tuning from a standard is one of the frequently cited disadvantages of the floating trem. If it sounds good to you, then do it. Just dropping one string won't drastically change your bridge balance (it will however throw all of your strings off tune).

Edit: here's a comprehensive guide on trem setup, with lots of pictures to boot.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I'm just wondering if this is something i can easily mess up on my own, without having as much experience with it, or if it just takes time... If i should wait til the weekend and try to get my friend here to help (since he shouldnt mess it up).

I really dont wanna spend $50 at a shop just for this, though...
If it's sank right into to the body, just loosen the scews in the back, re-tune, keep doing that until it stops going out of tune & the trem is even, it takes me about 30 minutes to do on my floating floyd.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
Its not that its into the body, its actually raised a little up. From a low C (open 6th string), i raise my bar up until the whole system is parallel with the body. in doing that, i reach an E (2 steps up, E standard).