Hello,
This might sound dumb but I need help learning a song. I dont have much experience with this sort of play, Im more of an acousitc but im really getting in to electric now.

I have the tabs but cant make heads or tails of the fast intro and ending solo.

Im wondering if someone can make a step by step tutorial on how to play this song? I will be glad to pay you for your services, but it needs to be easy enough so a idiot can understand (me).

PM if your interested and I can send you the tabs, mp3, and a vid of someone playing it.

Oh and the song is called "God Knows.." by Aya Hirano

Thanks,
Taka
electric and acoustic playing isnt really that different, if your having trouble with a song just take it slowly, break the song down into sections, for example the individual bars, practice that section till you've more or less got it (doesnt have to be at full speed just till you've got used to it) then move onto the next sections
after that all you should need to do is work on bringing it up to speed/into time (well it works for me)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Last edited by sajuuk at Oct 17, 2007,
Yah I got pretty much the whole song down mid-pace. But the intro and ending solo is like this crazy picking and when I watch the vid and read the tabs there somthing different, Im not to familiar with the different types of picking and stuff. I did do a search and found things like "sweep Picking" "Chicken somthing" haha and idk what I need to play.

The reason why im so determined is because my good friend is coming back to Hawaii in around 3 months and after watching this anime called "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" we both said that we can get it down and play when we meet up again. hahaha i didnt bet anything but my pride. hahaha
playing on an electric guitar as a beginner accelerates your learning in guitar.
not much to the "different types of picking" you have either alternate picking or "sweeping" (one controllled stroke) used in combination its up to you to work out the best combination ,,, it gets easier dont worry lol

And yeah sumtimes the tabs on the net are often a little wrong in places but unless you can take time to work out the correct bits it'll do

Just keep going at the fast parts slowly and if you stick at it you might get within the time you specfied :P lol
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
The intro looks like this

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||----------------------12----
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-16b17r16-12~-14--16--------
||-------------------------------------------|| ||----------------------------
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||----------------------------

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||-16p14p12--|| ||-16p14p12-----------||
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-----------|| ||-----------16p14p12-||
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-----------|| ||--------------------||
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||-----------||x8 ||--------------------||x4
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-----------|| ||--------------------||

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||-19p0-0-19p0-0-19p0-0-16p0-14p0-12p0-14p0--------------12-
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-------------------------------------------16p0--14-16----
||-------------------------------------------|| ||----------------------------------------------------------
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||----------------------------------------------------------
||-------------------------------------------|| ||----------------------------------------------------------

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||-16p14p12--|| ||-13b14r13-----------||
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-----------|| ||----------14~~~-----||
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||-----------||x8 ||--------------------||

And I know "p" means "Pull off" and "b" means "bend" but whats "r"? haha
||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||----------------------12----
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-16b17r16-12~-14--16--------
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||----------------------------

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||-16p14p12--|| ||-16p14p12-----------||
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-----------|| ||-----------16p14p12-||
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||-----------||x8 ||--------------------||x4

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||-19p0-0-19p0-0-19p0-0-16p0-14p0-12p0-14p0--------------12-
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-------------------------------------------16p0--14-16----
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||----------------------------------------------------------

||-16p0-0-0-14p0-0-0-12p0-0-0-14p0-12p0-14p0-|| ||-16p14p12--|| ||-13b14r13-----------||
||-------------------------------------------|| ||-----------|| ||----------14~~~-----||
||-------------------------------------------||x3 ||-----------||x8 ||--------------------||
Quote by sajuuk
electric and acoustic playing isnt really that different, if your having trouble with a song just take it slowly, break the song down into sections, for example the individual bars, practice that section till you've more or less got it (doesnt have to be at full speed just till you've got used to it) then move onto the next sections
after that all you should need to do is work on bringing it up to speed/into time (well it works for me)

yeh thats the only way ur gonna get it. advice will help but thats how u do it at the end
I'm not a experienced player but I can pretty much nail the intro solo of that song. Been practiced in and out for couple of month that part as warmup.

You first need to practice your picking hand to be able to strike the note as fast as the song requires.
Once you manage to do somewhat at that pace then do it like this with your fret hand.
Pinky on e16, middle on e14 and pointy on e12. Basically you will do tapping motion on each note above between each 2 open e note.
Pick the string constantly with the pick hand and practice with tapping. Don't worry about the pull off at first. Just focus on tapping the note at the right time with the right pace.

The sweep picking part is the most difficult one (obviously). But let thing of it this way, it's the same as before, just that now you will have to tap faster, skipping those two open e strings notes. The transition from e string to B is hard, but nothing impossible if you work hard . Ok, I admit it, it's not the proffesional way to do it but it's easier than doing hammer on/(x2)Pull off. Sure that it won't sound as good but at least it works for me.

And just a side note: Crank up alots of distortion/overdrive plus some Reverbs. I get annoyed when someone just do this solo almost clean. It just not it.
Last edited by hminh87 at Jan 5, 2008,