Hello All,

I'm going to order a Strat soon.I live in Europe and prices are sky high.
For half the price I can have the guitar made at a local luthier highly regarded as the most skilled in the country.Most artist here have at least one guitar made by him.

I would like to have him make an SRV - like stratocaster with floral inlays most likely (just a fixation of mine,though I'm not sure what it'll look like).So far so good.I would however need advice mainly on what pickups I should order.They must be Seymour Duncan,but which ones ? I have little experience with single coils,so I'm lost here.

Strat'll be mainly for playing blues,rock and hard rock.Think SRV,Clapton,Gilmour and then some Axel Rudi Pell hard rock for example.What would be a good choice of pickups ?

Also,before I face the man and discuss with him about the guitar,I'd like to gather more knowledge about how it should be built,materials and so on from experienced people frequenting this forum.

I'm not a professional player or anything,I'm not even a very technically proficient player but I'm workin' hard on that.I'd like this Strat to be the most beautiful and best sounding custom made guitar ever .

Thanks in advance.
well, SRV used texas special pickups if im not mistaken
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Hm..it's possible.For sure none of the artists I mentioned there used SD pickups (or at least they do not appear in SD's site under the artists category).
The idea is I'm not trying to replicate the SRV-guitar to detail,I am going to play a variety of styles and pickup selection should fit those.
Where do you live and what's the luthier's name (and does he have a website)?
I'm interested too.
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
i haven't tried them, but if you can afford them i'm guessing duncan custom shops or antiqutities are probably their highest quality pickups.

if you can't, probably sl1's in the neck and middle, and something a bit hotter in the bridge?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Does it have to be Seymour Duncan? there are quite alot of great PUPS for the same or maybe cheaper, CorduroyEW does some superb hand-wound PUPs for more vintage tones, his PUPs do SRV easy as piss, and could do clapton pretty easy too (not so sure about gilmour and Axel) also stephens designs are great PUPS.

But, as Dave says, the antiquities by Seymour D seem to be some of their best for them tones, and are widely praised.
yeah- i mean, in europe, i'd go bareknuckle or similar before I'd go duncan antiquity, personally- it's just that blood said that this luthier only offered duncans, which is fair enough, I guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blood0NyourLips
PM sent.
But not received...
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
SD antiqutities on alder body, with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Maybe a Wilkinson tremolo, they are awesome tremolos.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?