Page 1 of 2
and i got one of their drumsticks <3 =)

im proud, just wanted you all to know
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
I saw them on Friday. They were amazing.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Too bad parkway drive doesn't pull in audiences of age, otherwise they might make some money out of these tours. Awful band with a two dimensional fan base. They act pretty tough, but I'd be willing to bet the Beasts of Bourbon could beat them in a fist fight.
Quote by phalliccymbals
Too bad parkway drive doesn't pull in audiences of age, otherwise they might make some money out of these tours. Awful band with a two dimensional fan base. They act pretty tough, but I'd be willing to bet the Beasts of Bourbon could beat them in a fist fight.

i listen to their music, i dont care if they could win in a fight, and yeh, there was a lot of young people there but there were older people...a fair few infact. And as for no money, they sold out their friday show and tuesdays was pretty packed
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Awesome

My older cousin got hit in the head with a drumstick from a Motley Crue concert.
it broke in half (The drumstick, not his head).
Quote by Taylz24
i listen to their music, i dont care if they could win in a fight, and yeh, there was a lot of young people there but there were older people...a fair few infact. And as for no money, they sold out their friday show and tuesdays was pretty packed

I'm just saying the tough guy thing is just an act. And it doesn't matter if they sell out the shows if there is no alcohol being served at the venues on those nights.
i was at that gig last night. got stuck behind some bloke with long hair and it almost ripped out my lip ring.

none the less, amazing show.
Hurp De Durp
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
i was at that gig last night. got stuck behind some bloke with long hair and it almost ripped out my lip ring.

none the less, amazing show.

Just another reason why children should not be allowed in that sort of environment, because they don't think.
Quote by phalliccymbals
I'm just saying the tough guy thing is just an act. And it doesn't matter if they sell out the shows if there is no alcohol being served at the venues on those nights.

there was alcohol served you smartass retard.
get over yourself plz? kkthnx
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Yeah, yeah, and nobody was buying considering the only people who go to listen to crap music of a genre ending with "-core" are angsty teenagers who wouldn't know decent music from a hole in the wall.
What about the stupid fags that rioted at the parkway drive concert in Bris?

If anyone here on UG was at that concert. Fuck you. You've probably stopped all ages gigs, which will attract lesser bands here and you've moved a lot of the Metal gigs to Rosies/Phoenix. I will upside all your heads.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
What about the stupid fags that rioted at the parkway drive concert in Bris?

If anyone here on UG was at that concert. Fuck you. You've probably stopped all ages gigs, which will attract lesser bands here and you've moved a lot of the Metal gigs to Rosies/Phoenix. I will upside all your heads.

They did stop all ages gigs.

Quote: "Thanks to a bunch of ****wits at Parkway Drive the other night there will be no more all ages shows at The Arena or at The Tivoli."

QLD Police are required by law to be at these underage events, and they're not going to show up after the **** those kids pulled. And the "metal" acts won't go to Rosies, they only do metal on Wednesday/Phoenix night now so they are not exactly desperate for acts. On a positive note, real bands like Dinosaur Jr and Black Keys might be able to do back to back nights at those venues now that they've cleared the crap teenager bands.
^ i wasnt at that one!!! i was at a sydney one. By the look on the lead singers face he was loving his audience =).

As for phalliccymbals, stfu you elitist
1) The drinking section was basically full
2) Just because YOU dont like a genre doesnt mean its bad

edit: btw what happened at the bris concert...im intrigued?
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by phalliccymbals
They did stop all ages gigs.

Quote: "Thanks to a bunch of ****wits at Parkway Drive the other night there will be no more all ages shows at The Arena or at The Tivoli."

QLD Police are required by law to be at these underage events, and they're not going to show up after the **** those kids pulled. And the "metal" acts won't go to Rosies, they only do metal on Wednesday/Phoenix night now so they are not exactly desperate for acts. On a positive note, real bands like Dinosaur Jr and Black Keys might be able to do back to back nights at those venues now that they've cleared the crap teenager bands.

I'm talking about Amon Amarth and Behemoth, no longer all ages at the Arena. It looks like I'm going to have friends missing out on good gigs because a bunch of gay teenagers went nuts. Damn it.
Amon Amarth goes on sale in 2 days, I'm getting my tickets, and I'm very glad there won't be any 16 year olds in the audience.
Quote by phalliccymbals

So what if it is an act? I bet Steven Segal doesn't wake up in the morning and after his orange juice and Sunday paper decide to go on terrorist killing spree, but nonetheless he is still ****ing cool.

Same goes for Parkway.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Lol greety is in brisbane? I learn something every day.

As for parkway drive, I can't stand them. They sound like shit, and every hardcore kid I know at school is either wearing fucking Parkway Drive badges or telling everyone how awesome they are. Thanks for alerting me to the fact that I will not be able to converse about decent music with you.
They're playing near me with Comeback Kid and Cancer Bat. Is it worth spending the money on em? I've never really been much into them but I love a good live band.
Quote by phalliccymbals
Amon Amarth goes on sale in 2 days, I'm getting my tickets, and I'm very glad there won't be any 16 year olds in the audience.

You bastard!

I shat a brick last night when I heard I wouldn't be able to go. And most likely the people who want to see Amarth aren't the kind of fuckwits that "are full sick moshers" and who ruin shit for everyone else. So now everyone loses.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
They're playing near me with Comeback Kid and Cancer Bat. Is it worth spending the money on em? I've never really been much into them but I love a good live band.

Look at some youtube videos.
I went too. I saw you catch it... I think, maybe it was the band before. But yea, they were ****in' amazing.
for a $20 gig its well worth it, and for those of you who dont like pwd, just leave the thread? if you dont appreciate it then why bother bitching at other people, because what ever you say, i really dont care and oyu aren't going to change my opinion on them.

as for that "riot" can anyone give me the details?
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by Taylz24
for a $20 gig its well worth it, and for those of you who dont like pwd, just leave the thread? if you dont appreciate it then why bother bitching at other people, because what ever you say, i really dont care and oyu aren't going to change my opinion on them.

Because they find it entertaining?

You know, in the same way you find ****ty music entertaining.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Taylz24

I would also like to hear about the riot.

And this thread really isn't about Parkway Drive, but the fact that you got one of their drumsticks.
its kinda turned into something about parkway drive.

*sigh* i dont get why metal elitists cant appreciate OTHER genres...spose they wouldnt be elitists then (im saying this because, i do like most metal, not just metalcore)
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
RE: parkway drive "riots"

"Thanks to a bunch of ****wits at the Parkway Drive show in Brisbane the other night, there will be no more all ages shows at The Arena or at The Tivoli.

This in turn means at least 40% of the bands touring will not be able to afford to do Brisbane which in turn ****s Australia for small touring bands."

"'Well kids no more AA shows at the Arena due to the clashing of fight-dancers and police at last night's Parkway Drive show - it was only a matter of time.. Respect to the venue and security and staff who did their utmost to keep everyone happy - no props to those who disrespected their scene, the venue and those trying to protect them. Police are required to be at AA shows by law - crying out 'police brutality' because some unco dancers are kicked out is not HC. Thanks a lot - no more AA shows and probably a large crackdown on metalcore shows. Not good for everyone!'"
I like music from pretty much every genre, look at my profile. I just don't care for Parkway Drive, and it amuses me to make sarky little comments!

Quote by GLP_Arclite

And for the record, I'm not a metal elitist, not even a metal fan. I'm just a fan of good Aussie music, ie: the cruel sea, beasts of bourbon, you am I, regurgitator, custard, the dirty three.
^

You are also the owner of the worlds best username
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
^

You are also the owner of the worlds best username

I'm also the owner of the world's best band name. Now, if only I could start a band...
Quote by phalliccymbals
RE: parkway drive "riots"

"Thanks to a bunch of ****wits at the Parkway Drive show in Brisbane the other night, there will be no more all ages shows at The Arena or at The Tivoli.

This in turn means at least 40% of the bands touring will not be able to afford to do Brisbane which in turn ****s Australia for small touring bands."

"'Well kids no more AA shows at the Arena due to the clashing of fight-dancers and police at last night's Parkway Drive show - it was only a matter of time.. Respect to the venue and security and staff who did their utmost to keep everyone happy - no props to those who disrespected their scene, the venue and those trying to protect them. Police are required to be at AA shows by law - crying out 'police brutality' because some unco dancers are kicked out is not HC. Thanks a lot - no more AA shows and probably a large crackdown on metalcore shows. Not good for everyone!'"

im confused...why did a 'riot' actually break out though?
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Goddamn there's way too many metalheads on UG...

And that is sooo gay that there aren't gonna be all ages gigs anymore.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by phalliccymbals

I'll be seeing you there.
It wasn't really a riot, just a few stupid teenagers got out of hand and thought they had some set of rights which they didn't. For example, if you are being arrested then the police have the right to use force to restrain you, which they didn't seem to understand. I wasn't there, I just heard all this the next day from guys I know who were there. I've never been to any underage gigs because they always seem to be ****ty hardcore, metalcore, punk or emo bands. The closest I've ever seen to a riot was at that justice for the innocent concert at the arena at the start of the year, it was basically one big "**** the police" night, and there were a dozen cops standing outside the venue the whole night, but that's the difference between smartass teenagers and adults, the adults don't get stirred up and do stupid **** like kids do.
Quote by greety
I'll be seeing you there.

Yeah, well I'm glad they got a decent sized venue and not just Rosies or something. Would have preferred to see them at the zoo, which has got to be the best venue in brisbane ($2 pool), but it's not really their style.
i think you're stereotyping, because odds are, the adults who are pissed off their faces are more likely to do something stupid...but still, yes kids will do stupid things, but at all the gigs ive been to (about 10) no one has done stupid **** apart from some 20ish old guy starting a fight because he was being an ass (ie. punching crowd surfers, thinking he owns the mosh)
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by metacarpi
I like music from pretty much every genre, look at my profile. I just don't care for Parkway Drive, and it amuses me to make sarky little comments!

How hilarious indeed...
Quote by Taylz24
i think you're stereotyping, because odds are, the adults who are pissed off their faces are more likely to do something stupid...but still, yes kids will do stupid things, but at all the gigs ive been to (about 10) no one has done stupid **** apart from some 20ish old guy starting a fight because he was being an ass (ie. punching crowd surfers, thinking he owns the mosh)

You're going to get tools anywhere, but teenagers seem to think they have a right to act like tools when really all they are doing is being supervised by police at a glamorised bluelight disco. I was at the Tivoli the night when they banned the sale of beer in bottles, because after getting sick of spitting on the lead singer of Guttermouth they decided to hurl bottles. Now you've got to get $8 extra dry in cans.
Page 1 of 2