Couldn't think where to put this, as it has nothing to do with guitars, so it ended up here

So, I'm really into guys like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and Brian Eno. And I have literally no idea how to make music like their's.

I know they probably have banks of rare, vintage synths and stuff (and in AT case some handmade stuff). I guess what I'm really looking for is suggestions of (reasonably) cheap equipment that could get me started making music even remotely similar to those guys.

Help would be greatly appreciated
Moog still makes some affordable analog synth's if I'm not mistaking.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Get a cheap midi keyboard and a knob controller thingee.
*Buy* programs like synapse orion pro, cubase (sonar?) and adobe audition if you want to record external sounds. oh and a mic/mixer, hook that up to a decent sound card if you're wanting pro results, and huzzah, nice noises.
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Excellent choice of music

I try to make music like that for fun and at the moment I am using a M-Audio Midi Controller and Ableton Live. The stuff I make is no where near the standard of those guys but I still love making it. Give it a thought!
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Drum machine with sampling ability, and a midi keyboard w/ synth will get you a long way. And for that Aphex Twin edge: drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
Look in his wikipedia article, towards the bottom.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation