hey guys,
i broke a small e string on my strat but i wanted to know if its normal for the rest of the guitar to go out of tune even when the bridge is not floating
Yeah because the bridge on your strat still works on the principle of tension, when you get a new string on there then it should sort itself out.
Yep, any guitar will go out of tune when one string breaks, it changes the overall tension of everything and tuning is outta here no matter what style bridge it is.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
not that this really relates to your issue but a good tip to tuning is to alternate the strings you tune by high then low. eg. low E high e then A then B etc. it keeps the tension even through out and the tuning more accurate as opposed to tuning right down the strings E-e.
Quote by Paleo Pete
Yep, any guitar will go out of tune when one string breaks, it changes the overall tension of everything and tuning is outta here no matter what style bridge it is.

uh, not really..
while in theory thats true, the neck wood doesn't warp immediately when the tension is removed therefore tuning only really changes when you have a trem(floating or non-floating)

Quote by Ekim423
not that this really relates to your issue but a good tip to tuning is to alternate the strings you tune by high then low. eg. low E high e then A then B etc. it keeps the tension even through out and the tuning more accurate as opposed to tuning right down the strings E-e.

Actually I find its better to tune lowest to highest, and go recheck your tuning after each string. The lowest strings have the maximum tension
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350