Star Wars wasn't good since the 80s, I doubt this is going to be cool at all.
I'm a communist. Really.
I'm not sure if I like this. I hope it doesn't ruin the series, I'll watch it though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
"It's going to be about the minor characters" says Lucas.

Great, because everybody gives two ****s about those, huh?

And don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Star Wars fan, but this just plain sucks!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Wow, sounds terrible. I hate it when something becomes big and the try and squeeze everything they can get out of it, like Pokemon
Could be worth a watch, but may turn out to be pretty bad if it doesnt feature any major characters.
Where the hell is my signature????

i know it sucks but i dont care
Quote by metacarpi

Do they mean "Minor Characters" as in Mace Windu, or the guy with the funny shaped head who was hanging out in the cantina when Han shot Greedo?

Edit: they totally ruined Boba Fett by giving him a back story so I think the same principle will apply with the tv show. I hope they leave the established characters well alone.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Dragon_Snake
Could be worth a watch, but may turn out to be pretty bad if it doesnt feature any major characters.
I don't think that it not featuring main characters is a big deal. It would be hard to get the actors from the movies anyways.

IMO He should come up with new characters and stories.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
You know, I'd rather see episode 7, 8 and 9. Lucas has written the books, IIRC.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by metacarpi

And don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Star Wars fan, but this just plain sucks!

Two words.

BOBA. FETT.
Quote by Raziel2p
You know, I'd rather see episode 7, 8 and 9. Lucas has written the books, IIRC.
What I would like to see is episodes showing the war during the 4,5,and 6 movies, but not featuring Luke and Han.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Lucas, who joked the series would analyse "the life of robots", said the US TV networks were "having a hard time" comprehending his vision.

Oh how suprising.
Okay, that's cool. I'd love to see Kyle Katarn, Boba Fett, and maybe Dash Rendar in a TV show... but the best Star Wars was Empire.

Why? Because George Lucas didn't direct it.
I'm looking forward to it. it can't be as bad as episode 1...can it?
"The Force will be with you, always."
Quote by Tallman
Two words.

BOBA. FETT.

I get the feeling he meant the seriously minor characters, not the ones like the Fett-man, Mace Windu, etc etc
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
I get the feeling he meant the seriously minor characters, not the ones like the Fett-man, Mace Windu, etc etc

yeah same, boba fett is too iconic to be considered a minor character
I'll probably watch it, whenever it'll run here. It seems like an interesting idea, but it's easy to screw up and do some ****ty mainstream soap-opera of shows it seems.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It has to be about Wedge in the books he ****ing rocks hard.
Quote by metacarpi

How so when Mace died in Ep 3?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']How so when Mace died in Ep 3?

I said I DON'T think it'll be characters like that!

And anyway, I just picked Windu as he's a background character that people know. He's a handy reference point for establishing a level of background-ness
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

He means giving characters unnecessary back story ruins them.
Boba was way cooler when we didn't know anything about him, that whole Jango nonsense in Ep. II spoiled the fun.
For instance, I hope they don't start giving Greedo a load of back story because all I need to know is that Han shot him (and shot first!).
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Awesome F**king right
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
I think this is a good idea, really. The Star Wars universe is better suited to pulp sci-fi action than serious movies anyway.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Draken
It has to be about Wedge in the books he ****ing rocks hard.

plus ****ing one
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

It will be interesting to see if this goes from Episode VI on as well.

I really hope so. They need to bury all this Anakin Skywalker crap. Even Vader was cooler without actually knowing what happened to him.
In my opinion the TV show should be about the Old Republic, you know KOTOR I KOTOR 2 era and timeline. Completely new characters, completely new plots. It would be way more interesting.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by DZCunuck
In my opinion the TV show should be about the Old Republic, you know KOTOR I KOTOR 2 era and timeline. Completely new characters, completely new plots. It would be way more interesting.

no i want Wedge and rogue squadron.
Quote by Draken
no i want Wedge and rogue squadron.

Making the TV series about anyone and anything, unless its completely on the other side of the Star Wars galaxy, would bring it too close to the plot of the movies. Making the TV series 1000 years in the past during the Mandalorian Wars (boba fett wears a suit of mandalorian armor) when Jedi and Sith lords were everywhere would be way more interesting.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
I agree, I loved the KOTOR games cause they didn't have anything to do with the original Star Wars story. The only thing that was the same was some of the planets. Plus, like DZCunuck said, there would be lots more Jedi and Sith, and how cool would that be?
Lol everyone seems to be hating this from the word go just because it's a tv series. . . need I remind you of a little project called 'Star Wars' . . . or even Stargate which started in exactly the same way.
Quote by ShoTown
Lol everyone seems to be hating this from the word go just because it's a tv series. . . need I remind you of a little project called 'Star Wars' . . . or even Stargate which started in exactly the same way.

Im guessing you ment 'Star Trek'?

But yea it could be really good considering the big scale and budgets of some of these TV shows now adays like 24 or LOST to name a few.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic