My dream guitar, no I'm not crazy.

~Pours orange juice into his ears~

But seriously, it is possible isn't it? Hollow out a Nintedo 64 and wire it up like an electric guitar, build a neck on to it......
It would sound bad because its not made of wood and pretty much hollow though wouldn't it? Though you could fill empty spots with wood.

Thoughts.

???
its been done. and yes, it probably will not sound terrific.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Its been done?

proof?
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
omg:| :P I really wanna see that
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Well, they made a guitar out of a Sega Genesis...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
What the f*** dude ?! i wonder whether it's possible to turn a gba into a guitar btw , stop turning innocent gaming consoles into crappy guitars ! i mean, what the hell did they did to you ? they couldn't even kill a damned fly !
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
Last edited by finalzz at Oct 17, 2007,
get a playstation 3 or xbox , those big sons of a b*tches will probably be able to with stand the tention of the strings.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by ghostintheshelI
no I'm not crazy.

Yes you are.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
The dreamcast guitar is one of the single coolest things I've ever seen, thanks for that.

Maybe to help the 64 withstand the tension of the strings you could line the inside with a wooden block or something?

I wouldn't be interested in it making beautiful string sounds, I'd be interested in using my Boss DD-6 and Boss PS-5 Super shifter and whatever other pedals I acquire to make awesome eletronica/techno-type sounds with it.

If I could have an electric guitar with a screen or monitor that showed emotional scenes between Ash and pikachu during an intense onstage performance I'd be happy.
Quote by ghostintheshelI
My dream guitar, no I'm not crazy.

~Pours orange juice into his ears~

But seriously, it is possible isn't it? Hollow out a Nintedo 64 and wire it up like an electric guitar, build a neck on to it......
It would sound bad because its not made of wood and pretty much hollow though wouldn't it? Though you could fill empty spots with wood.

Thoughts.

???

Possible? YES!

... It's also possible to make a radio from a couple of coconuts and a handful of wire.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/weird-video-game-guitars-you-never-knew-existed

I just found this. Several video game console systems turned into electric guitar.
And a video of a Sega genesis-guitar actually being played. Doesn't sound *too* bad.
I thought my idea was the greatest ever....... still is. Hehe. I'd take that Sega genesis guitar anyday for any amount of money, however I think that a Nintendo 64 would be more recognisable.
Quote by ghostintheshelI
The dreamcast guitar is one of the single coolest things I've ever seen, thanks for that.

Maybe to help the 64 withstand the tension of the strings you could line the inside with a wooden block or something?

I wouldn't be interested in it making beautiful string sounds, I'd be interested in using my Boss DD-6 and Boss PS-5 Super shifter and whatever other pedals I acquire to make awesome eletronica/techno-type sounds with it.

If I could have an electric guitar with a screen or monitor that showed emotional scenes between Ash and pikachu during an intense onstage performance I'd be happy.

just more sad proof that modern music is more about image than sound.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
the sega megadrive guitar actually sounds pretty amazing, there must be a solid wood block under the casing or just tonnes of effects or something.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

thats just abit stupid some of those old consoles you can sell for a pretty healthy bit these days, you can get about £60($120) for a master system over here, and your half way there to a squire strat lol( worth it to smash up really )
plus i bet there really uncomfortable, if only you could play goldeneye whilst playing guitar, now a working nintendo 64 guitar would be good, not only a working guitar but a working N64 also.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
The N64 alone wouldn't handle the strings. There's that NES guitar someone did, all he did was cut a travel guitar to fit inside a hollowed out NES and attatched everything to the top of it. Personally I think it's a waste of time. It doesn't even look that cool, more or less something you go "Huh, that's interesting" then forget about for the rest of your life until some guy brings it up. I'd sooner paint my guitar with a retro gaming theme or something less destructive. But that's just me, if you're into it go for it. The last thing you need is some guy on a forum thinking his opinions matter on a huge level.

Edit: or just make a stompbox instead
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by UtBDan
just more sad proof that modern music is more about image than sound.

I don't think that this thread is much proof of that. Its all about the music, thats the source of my love for guitars and playing them in the first place. When you're onstage it doesn't matter what your guitar looks like, you're just happy playing and feeling the music.

If I could make one, I would be happy owning a guitar that was made out of Nintendo 64. I think that it is cool and interesting and innovative. I would not play it live unless its sound actually served a real purpose.
Last edited by ghostintheshelI at Oct 18, 2007,