OK, weel heres the story. I vommited about 4 days ago and my face went all blotchy and there was a patch of blood in one of my eyes. According to my friend I had burst a blood vessel in my face from the pressure during being sick. The blotchyness has gone, but the patch of blood keeps getting bigger (now about one fifth of my eye). Also there is a tiny bit of a yellow colour surrounding the patch of blood. I was just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before, and if it goes away by itself or if I need to go to a doctor.
Thanks for any help (especially those of you who are no doubt going to tell that im going to die lol).
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
I have and I was in Italy at the time and I didn't speak italien so trying to go to a doctor was a bugger :P:

But go to a doctor he'll give you some eye drops which should solve your problem
Is your eye itchy too ?

Its conjunctivitis I get it all the time, just go get some eye drops for it from the chemist.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
I'm not going to say you're going to die but i would definitley go to the doctor. Any serious amount of blood in your eye should be checked out.
Where the hell is my signature????

i know it sucks but i dont care
Why in god's name did you consult UG before a doctor?
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by guitaristdave
Is your eye itchy too ?

Its conjunctivitis I get it all the time, just go get some eye drops for it from the chemist.

Do not listen to this man.
He does not know of what he speaks.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by redwing_suck
Why in god's name did you consult UG before a doctor?

Because I have to go to work in about 20mins, then i have uni tomoro followed by work, then uni on friday followed by work, so the earliest I could go to the doctors is saturady, So i was wondering if it was serous enough to miss uni or work.
I had a red blotchy infection in my eye from wearing old contacts. They gave me some steriod eye drops to use. I think it was like 4 drops a day for two days, then 3 per day for 2 and so on. Anyway it worked and my eye is much better. Yeah I would definitely see the doctor.
Quote by Malakian=God
Because I have to go to work in about 20mins, then i have uni tomoro followed by work, then uni on friday followed by work, so the earliest I could go to the doctors is saturady, So i was wondering if it was serous enough to miss uni or work.

If the patch of blood in your eye is getting bigger, I'd say it's time to go to the doctor...

It's definetely serious enough to miss work or uni for.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ok thanks, Ill try and go tomorrow.
Quote by Malakian=God
This is UG. I still don't get why you'd come HERE for medical advice.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by Time Bomb
D.o.c.t.o.r

And once again, Dimebag=God
not Malakian.

ahem, i think you'll find flea is
Out of you guys, I gotta agree with pAmpH
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
yeah, i don't even really agree with my user name anymore. can i change it to Jaco_Is_God?

[/thread high jacking]
Quote by metacarpi
Out of you guys, I gotta agree with pAmpH

Yay! I got agreed with!

Anyway, blood on your eye isn't necessarily a worry, it depends how you got it. If that's the cause, then like someone said before me, drops should clear it up.

What this thread should've been (In true Pit spirit) was: 'Hey guyz, guess what? I so totally busted something when i threw up the other night and now I have blood on my eye! It looks gnarly, anyone else had a similar experience?
Then gone and seen a doctor.
i had conjunctivitis when i was little. my eyes went all red and sore and itchy, the doc just gave me some eye cream which sorted it out. doesn't really sound the same, though.

if you've burst a blood vessel in your eye, as far as i'm aware (don't quote me on this), it will heal itself without any medical help. i would still see a doctor though, just to be on the safe side.

also, if you're in any pain or discomfort, or if your vision is impaired, you should get it checked out ASAP.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by guitaristdave
Is your eye itchy too ?

+100 that absolutely correct.
i've had that about 9 times, its coz you're defences kinda drop when you get ill, and so you're prone to getting other stuff, and conjuctivitis is just a simple one.

Gus
Last edited by ze monsta at Oct 17, 2007,