I think you get better build quality and specs with the Agile, but they are both decent enough guitars.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have the epi standard its a nice guitar well balanced sounds good for the price

im very happy with it

if u ever buy it dont ever put Schaller strap locks cuz the screw are too small and it ruin the woods ,it hapenend to me
hey actually you might wanna consider a hamer? it's a dbl cut les paul and it's pretty versatile.
I have to leave for work but i'll check replies tonight when I get home. Thanks for the responses everybody.
Go with the Epi. Course, I'm a diehard fan of anything related to Gibson. But I've had a lot of fun with Epi LPs.
I sell ponies.
agile is better spec wise. hence go with it. if you can try them then even better, but the agile is probably better, no idea what the pups are like butt the epiphones are really flat sounding
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
don't get either. Les paul mimickers are the worst guitars in the world.

You're paying more moeny just for the name "les paul" rather than the guitar itself.

it isn't worth the money.

if you like the Les Paul shape, get a Gibson, can't afford it, get a used Gibson.
^ No no no, you buy a Gibson, you are paying for the name 'Gibson'.

The new all-mahogany Epi's are quality guitars for the price, as are the Agile's.

I've not played the plain-top as of yet, but I'd say the Agile would be your best bet.
Quote by nan0

You're paying more moeny just for the name "les paul" rather than the guitar itself.

if you like the Les Paul shape, get a Gibson, can't afford it, get a used Gibson.

You pay a lot more for the name when you buy a Gibson...

And Agile doesn't have "Les Paul" anywhere.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by nan0

If there is any band that should deserve a price for having an expensive name. I can't think of any other name that's as expensive as theirs.

Many companies, if not all well known brands can increase their prices bacause of the name on the headstock, but Gibson is most certainly the king of name-inflation.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!