I've gone with Gibbo... mostly because of their Les Paul and ES-335 models. Design classics. Like Greeny I've got an Epi Les Paul Standard (Sunburst) though.

Fender Teles have a special place in my heart too, mind... I just don't feel anything for Strats.

*wonders what the Parker-playing members of this board will opt for *
aren't these threads against the rules?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
i've got a les paul custom (epiphone) and personally for what i play it just can't do it, i need single coils for the music i play there is no exception. So no they can't really be compared. For humbucker style designs, Gibson are the better option, for single coil style, Fender are the better option.
3: Versus threads: Threads like, ?Metallica vs. Megadeth?, or ?Gibson vs. Fender? are not allowed.

from the rules.
every key
every secret

Quote by Player15
why?

Because VS. threads haven't really got a point; i like Fenders better, but someone else will love Gibson.

In the end there are those who like neither, both or one of the two.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Its all opinion, but saying that I think gibson's quality control is even lower than fender's which isnt that great itself.
And inevitabley these threads turn nasty. It's an apples vs. oranges thing, too subjective. It'll probably get closed soon as the mods wake up, but don't be offended its an interesting debate if people could keep their cool and talk sense.
Quote by uldhppi
And inevitabley these threads turn nasty. It's an apples vs. oranges thing, too subjective. It'll probably get closed soon as the mods wake up, but don't be offended its an interesting debate if people could keep their cool and talk sense.

"gibson vs. fender" ceased being interesting a long time ago.

at least it's not "emg vs. duncan" or "ibanez vs. schecter"
every key
every secret

Pls stop making retarted threads Player15. It's spam and it's useless.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
yes yes, gibson beats fender, duh...J/K ahaha
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by uldhppi
How about "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

"42" ... it's the answer to everything.
Quote by Myrdinn
"42" ... it's the answer to everything.

I though it was 69
Anyway, Gibson and Fender are most of the time two entierly different species, bright tonewood and single coils vs dark tonewood and humbuckers. You just can't compare them.
Fender.

Name me a three single-coil'd alder gibson.
I've seen a two humbucker mahogany fender.
Also no overpricing, and good quality control (Gibson's quality control has apparently slipped)

EDIT: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-tele-tmt/10029 there you have a les paul practically. Same woods. Same pickup config, and it's fender, you also have the strats, teles, etc.

Also there's a jackson/ibanez thread knocking about, I think the "vs thread" rule became redundant.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by staticoverdub
aren't these threads against the rules?

Seriously dude, look in Electric guitar, I think Player15 just likes to make doomed, low quality threads en masse.

I think these are against the rules, and besides, everyone knows Fender is better and that all other opinions are not only wrong, but jailable offenses.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Gibson beats fender if you want gibson, fender beats gibson if you want fender.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^ and spiders pwn 5150s if you want a spider, but im glad you have a tube amp (sounds alot better huh?)

in all honesty its all preference. I dont like flat necks of gibsons. though i did like the sheraton 2 i played through a VC15, and a les paul classic (with 60's neck). Those are the only gibbys/epis i like, i havent played a real 335 though. but that being said i own 2 fenders and 0 gibsons. though i may build a lespaul here soon
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
hmm.... Definatley Jackson
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Fender.

Name me a three single-coil'd alder gibson.
I've seen a two humbucker mahogany fender.
Also no overpricing, and good quality control (Gibson's quality control has apparently slipped)

EDIT: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-tele-tmt/10029 there you have a les paul practically. Same woods. Same pickup config, and it's fender, you also have the strats, teles, etc.

Also there's a jackson/ibanez thread knocking about, I think the "vs thread" rule became redundant.

well its not alder but 3 singles....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-SG-3-Fireburst-Electric-Guitar-514173-i1320142.gc
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I don't think this argument will ever be settled, i will always side with Fender but its down to personel choice, each company offers their own style and tone, it all depends on what u want but i would say fender makes more of an effort to be middle of the road, by addin humbuckers to there strats and such, Gibson just keep it all the same, which is a bit boring. If you want a hollowbody then its gonna be gibson, or maybe gretsch but usualy gibson but a solid body well once again depends on what your after.
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
Both are great brands but I prefer Fender a little more then Gibson.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by DieKrupps
gibson = rock, classic rock, metal (ish)
Strat = blues

for me anyway.

Strats are very rock and classic rock too. With three single coils in them they definitely do not excel at metalish stuff though. They're probably just as versatile as each other but in different areas. Gibsons ranging all the way out into the heavier stuff and Strats ranging in the opposite direction to the more mellow stuff. You're never going to get an LP tone out of a Strat the same way you'll never get a Strat tone out of an LP... =P
I'll never understand this "Fenders are for Blues, Gibsons for metal" argument. Fenders can do more than blues. They can even do metal which a lot of people don't seem to believe. You just might want to do a pup swap if your fender has all stock singles. On another note people don't ever seem to list Gibsons as being capable of playing blues, which I understand even less than the Fenders can't do metal argument. Many blues players prefer warm tone. B.B. King, Eric Clapton in his early career, Jimmy Page....the list goes on and on.
ampity amp amp

*Reported obvious reason.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011