Metallica's 2nd bassist, and one of the greatest metal bassists of all time. Along with Steve Harris of Iron Maiden, he was one of the first metal bass players to play complex bass lines. He also liked to play loud and often soloed (with distortion, and sometimes wah). Because of this, some people have reffered to him as a "lead bassist".
Well said.. but what are is this thread for?
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Yes he is my hero even tho i play guitar but i dont care and he wouldnt care. Well said
This should be in the Bass Forum.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Pointless thread.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
i personally think he's unbelievably over rated. i don't like jason newstead either but his bass solos were better imo.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
i personally think he's unbelievably over rated. i don't like jason newstead either but his bass solos were better imo.

I kind of agree.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_

i dont think burton was given enough time to develop in metallica, MOP was the first album that he really stood out in (in a good way).
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
He wasn't the greastest thing to happen to them, they would have been big with/without him
His basslines wasn't really that complex apart from on af ew songs. He is overrated like the others "rockstars" who died young like Hendrix, Cobain and Dimebag (not young, but still horribly overrated).
Quote by Player15
Metallica's 2nd bassist, and one of the greatest metal bassists of all time. Along with Steve Harris of Iron Maiden, he was one of the first metal bass players to play complex bass lines. He also liked to play loud and often soloed (with distortion, and sometimes wah). Because of this, some people have reffered to him as a "lead bassist".

You just gave us some useless heap of information with no direction to discuss in or anything, what the hell is this thread for.

Sounds like the starting of a poorly written biography or something

EDIT: Thanks, yawn
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Last edited by Dudage at Oct 17, 2007,