Page 1 of 2
Curious.

Why does G3 have the cream of guitarists, yet never Michael Angelo Batio? Is there a reason for this, are they avoiding him? is he too bad? Or are they scared of his hair?

David
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Satch picks them has everything to do with it. I hear hes a huge hater of sweeps, that figures because i never see him do it, and i dont know one song he does it in. I think he likes Petrucci because of his great musicianship. Sure, Batio is pretty good, i have seen him at a clinic, but all that sweeping over and over again gets pretty redundant. At least that what i think Satch is thinking.
satch has said himself that he asks a lot of people every year, the ones that everyone wants in the G3. So he actually might have been asked.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
i just saw some videos of this guy on youtube, he's sick
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
unlikely that sweeps has anything to do with it: malmsteen was on the tour, plus he sweeps in crushing day (and still plays it live)
Quote by dogismycopilot
Satch picks them has everything to do with it. I hear hes a huge hater of sweeps, that figures because i never see him do it, and i dont know one song he does it in. I think he likes Petrucci because of his great musicianship. Sure, Batio is pretty good, i have seen him at a clinic, but all that sweeping over and over again gets pretty redundant. At least that what i think Satch is thinking.

i hear that you heard wrong

maybe satch dislikes mab OR maybe satch has offered but mab doesn't want to be associated with the likes of satch and his G3.

not really though...
Because Satch picks people for their musicianship as much as for anything. Sure MAB can play really fast, but he can't slow down- could you imagine MAB doing improv over little wing or the like?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
Because Satch picks people for their musicianship as much as for anything. Sure MAB can play really fast, but he can't slow down- could you imagine MAB doing improv over little wing or the like?

Bullcrap. He can play slow like the rest of them. 2X Again, So Much To Live For, Peace, etc.

He would pwn G3. Easily my most desired pick for the next open spot.
Quote by bucky_2300
The audience would fall asleep.

HAHA OMG! HAHA! Pwned Batio........biooootch
Maybe it's because MAB ****ing sucks. Id rather listen to a hive of bees, at least that ****'s natural.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
because he is more of a musician and MAB wouldn't fit in.

He doesn't hate sweep, where did you got that crazy idea form?, he does some excellent sweeping live and on crushing day!
The same reason Satch never plays Crushing Day live. Hes too 80's!
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
The same reason Satch never plays Crushing Day live. Hes too 80's!

I saw Satch play "Crushing Day" live. Your point is moot.

EDIT: Oh, and MAB can drop dead.
Take it easy Cap'n
1) By never I meant hardly ever.
2) Satch said himself one of the reasons he doesnt play Crushing Day live alot is because its to 80's. (Along with it being awkward in a live band situation)
3) It was a joke.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay

FUK

Quote by bucky_2300
The audience would fall asleep.

+1

i remember someone here on UG talking about Michael Angelo and they said as follows

"once you get past his 'wow' factor, he's actually quite boring to listen to"

and i agree
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
bcuz michael angelos a fukkin poser

haha not really, but yea maybe joe's just not really a big fan or MAB or his hair
i don't think theres a wow factor to MAB at all - he's just crap.

No offence to you guys that like him but in my opinion, you could find a much better and interesting guitar player to fill that spot in G3 than MAB.

And he really IS up his own arse.
Now and Zen.
He is too cocky

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Had being the key word. He wont be back after that tour.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay

FUK

I also think that MAB wouldn't fit in, just like Malmsteen!

I'd love to see Marty Friedman at G3...
Quote by DaFjory
*Sigh*

Examples, please.

Yes, examples please. Prove it or stuff it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Even though Im not a hug MAB fan----his tone is too 'dry' for my liking---- I still feel compelled to defend him a bit here. He is one of the most musical guitarists Ive ever heard, his knowledge of all kinds of styles, from Neoclassical via Metal to Jazz never fails to astound me. Listen to his stuff or watch his videos---Speed Kills 2 in particular---and you will see that his grasp of theory, technique and his command of ridiculous speeds and time signatures make him a truly jaw dropping guitarist.

He's incredibly humble as well, he admits to loving Charlie Christian, Hendrix et al, he never lowers himself to rating anybody on just their technique---which Im sure someone of his ability may feel qualified to do. I read an interview with him somewhere where he gave Slash, Satch and Zakk Wylde 10 out of 10 as players, some people might sigh and say he ass kissing, but even if thats the case, I fail to see how that makes him up his own ass. Indeed, many of the posters on this very site frequently spout out uninspiring rubbish like '' Slash sucks, he's sloppy '' etc etc...now while I dont want this to deteriorate into a totally different argument, I just fail to see how anyone can see MAB as ''up his own ass''.

Be honest, If you could play 2 guitars ambidextrously, you would, wouldn't you???

I think MAB would be a huge draw for G3 as his abilities and showmanship would get some decent exposure.
Thank God im an atheist
http://www.hardrockhaven.net/interviews2007/mangelobatio07.php

If that's supposed to be "up his own arse", then I'd hate to see what counts as really being up one's own arse.

About his DVDs – if there's anything to learn from them, I should give 'em a try sometime. Recommendations, apart from Speed Kills 2?
For the falling asleep thing, I might apply that to Satch. It seems everytime I walk downstairs when my dad's blaring a live concert of him it sounds like the exact same song.

Maybe I just walk in on his generic songs :X.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
Quote by dylanmichaelmor
hello guys

hey

----------------

i've heard or read somewhere that Satch said he does ask alot of people, and everyone you've thought of he has thought of and considered. and i dont think it's easy getting a major artist to play with you in a concert for months.

it's a big timing issue to, example: he's probably asked kirk hammett, but metallica's always touring for the last 2 years and now making an album. (and plus he doesnt have a solo album)

its a time and place issue too
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Yeah, hes asked all kinds of people, even Brian May and Billy Gibbons.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay

FUK

MAB is a great guy ive seen him and talked with him for a while. He eaven shook my hand after the conversation and it was MAB who wanted to handshake me (of course i didnt reject that kind of stuff), so this obviously is a contradiction with the statement of badrotorwhatever?
It's all about filling seats more than anything and no one but guitarists know who MAB is. Look at every other guy who's done G3 and most are way bigger names than him. Paul Gilbert was about as small time as they get, as for the general public giving a crap.
MAB is ridiculously talented technically- but unfortunately i find his own compositions deadly boring. (and i loathe him as a person but thats by the by :P)
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
Page 1 of 2