Page 1 of 2
Thanks! It's a 3 piece ash body 40mm thick, one piece quater sawn hardrock Maple neck, glued in. Ebony fingerboard.
looks very nice!, love the neck. but isn't £750 a bit to much for a self built guitar?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I dont think so. materials alone cost around £350, i'll have spent about 30 hours making it so its about right. Ive sold em for more before.
Stop-tail looks better on RG's IMO.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by thedonutman
But you already have string-thru holes drilled?

no, just marked em with a center punch, they'll sand out.

Quote by sidereal9
damn it i want more pics

LOL, I'll get some done this weekend after the neck's carved!
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Oct 17, 2007,
Id say do Ferrules and string-thru holes. Itr would pretty much be an SZ copy, noy an RG. And id rather see the holes as a V shape, not rounded like that.
definatly with the ferrules dude, and keep the arch, or do some staggered ones.
man i really like this but £750 is abit too expensive.( not that i even have £100 at the moment lol)
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
lol, Im gonna put it on the wall in my local guitar shop and sell it through them or ebay it and see what I get.

im either gonna oil it or hand brush it with nirto cellulose, just keep the natural colour. Not sure yet
That thing is beautiful, I love the black hardware against the natural grain and MY GAWD that neck is sexy!

Nice job, up some photos of the final product!

Did you do the neck binding, inlays, fret slots, etc yourself? I've been meaning to start my first guitar build for a while but constructing a neck is a little daunting.
Bring back Tabo
Last edited by B345T at Oct 17, 2007,
String thru ferrules, stop tails are for les paul type guitars or chunkier guitars at least.

Very good, worth £750 but make sure people know it's good or they won't buy it.
Quote by B345T
That thing is beautiful, I love the black hardware against the natural grain and MY GAWD that neck is sexy!

Nice job, up some photos of the final product!

Did you do the neck binding, inlays, fret slots, etc yourself? I've been meaning to start my first guitar build for a while but constructing a neck is a little daunting.

Yeah, made it all from Blanks of wood. If you find it daunting, just buy a pre slotted fingerboard. The thing is, you need to be VERY accurate when your cutting the slots otherwise it'll not be in tune.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
String thru ferrules, stop tails are for les paul type guitars or chunkier guitars at least.

Very good, worth £750 but make sure people know it's good or they won't buy it.

Im pretty confident that when someone plays it they'll know its worth every penny!

Might take some pics with the stop tail in place so people can see it first and it'll give me a better idea too
Quote by jscustomguitars
Yeah, made it all from Blanks of wood. If you find it daunting, just buy a pre slotted fingerboard. The thing is, you need to be VERY accurate when your cutting the slots otherwise it'll not be in tune.

I'm sure the skill is very rewarding though! That neck/fingerboard is one of the sexiest I have laid my eyes on!

I'd need a bit more research on scale lengths and things before making a start at one, but I'd like to learn how to make my own neck/fingerboard eventually. I take it you used a miter box or something similar to cut the slots?

I cant get over how good it looks
Bring back Tabo
Quote by B345T

I'd need a bit more research on scale lengths and things before making a start at one, but I'd like to learn how to make my own neck/fingerboard eventually. I take it you used a miter box or something similar to cut the slots?

I cant get over how good it looks

I just use a precision woodworking square and a fret saw.

Quote by flashbandit
30 hours? What number build is this for you? I'm still working on my #1 and I've put hundreds of hours and $ into it... What am I doing wrong?

Nothing wrong probably, your just taking your time. Its my 11th I think, when you get your confidence up it'll go a lot quicker.
Quote by littlemurph7976
Where abouts are you? Make me a guitar?
And whats AANJ?

LOL, im in the UK. This ones for sale when its done. If your serious, PM me and let te know what your after and Ill give you a price and time scale.
Haha, I am serious but it wouldnt be anytime soon as I have not one penny to my name
Expect an IM some time though
was gonna do that but the necks gonna be sculpted into the body smoothly with the cutaways contoured so its dead smooth.
Quote by XibanezedgeX

Btw nice fret holder, very clever.

i kinda got into bad habbits when fretting and refreting, I used to prepare each fret then fit it then move onto the next one but ive decided to prepare all the frets first then fit em. Saves time and it seems to go better, less mess too.
wait wait i thought AANJ was like this ....
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
wait wait i thought AANJ was like this ....

That is indeed AANJ , the other one isnt.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
^Exactly... I read that question and couldn't stroke my beard hard enough to make sense of it.
hmmm yeah and why would anyone want to do that on a set neck,the other "AANJ" might have some advantages with set neck though not too sure.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Page 1 of 2