I've had mine for probably about a year if not longer now.. and I've started to realize that it just doesn't sound as great as I'd like it to. I don't know if I just have the settings completely messed up or what, all the reviews I've read on this particular amp are great. People say it's one of the best amps they've played, but I can't seem to get the right sound out of it. (particularly dist.)
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Not being disrespectful but your ear for tone has probably developed enough that you will never be satisfied with your amp again. If you want to try it get a distortion pedal and run it through the amp's cleanest setting. You may want to think about an upgrade to a tube combo. Don't get another solid state or DSP amp as you will be disappointed.
Anyone have a Crate FXT120 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP??

No, fortunately.

The chances are, as uldhppi says above, is that though listening to loads of guitar music you've simply developed a better ear for tone now! That Crate -though versatile- really isn't going to sound so great anymore, so you'll have to think about buying a decent amp if you can afford it. Luckily you can now pick up a proper valve amp from about £100/$150 , though obviously you might need to spend more, depending on the style you play and where you'll be using it....
Alright, thanks guys, so which amp would be recommended for music styles such as Story of the Year, Disturbed, thrice, and Eve 6? Just that hard rock sound. Budget would probably be around 500$ if not lower.
Last edited by Rungej at Oct 17, 2007,
well...personally peavey valveking 112 or...if you can stretch if to 600$ ish peavey windsor (head 400+200 for a cab) if you want a stack. the windsor is modeled off jcm 800s w. more gain and less wattage....thrice uses marshalls in the studio so you could get good thrice easy out of the windsor but i have also been able to get it out of my VK112 (ps kudos on a great choice of music, thrice is my fav band...their new cd is coming out soon)
Quote by guitarbite.fire
well...personally peavey valveking 112 or...if you can stretch if to 600$ ish peavey windsor (head 400+200 for a cab) if you want a stack. the windsor is modeled off jcm 800s w. more gain and less wattage....thrice uses marshalls in the studio so you could get good thrice easy out of the windsor but i have also been able to get it out of my VK112 (ps kudos on a great choice of music, thrice is my fav band...their new cd is coming out soon)

They have 50 watt and 100 watt JCM800s.

So I dunno where you even got the idea that the windsor has less wattage. Even if you're talking about the combo, because I haven't heard of anyone that's played it enough to compare it to the head.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra