Page 1 of 2
hallo.
today i was thinking of changing the pickups of my Schecter C1 classic
Which should I put in the bridge position....
im playing heavey rock and metal
i heard the nailbomb being a very good one, what do you think?
three letters... EMG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Yep. Go with EMGs
My Stuff:
Schecter S-1 Elite with EMG 81 & 85
Dean Hardtail Select
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss DS-1

A child's rhyme stuck in my head says life is but a dream
The Nailbomb is excellent (assuming you're talking about the Bareknuckles), my mate has some in her Schecter.

From what I've experienced, it's better than the EMG's, although I really haven't played them enough.
well, ive never played those pickups before, but for me at least, and the sound i like, you cant beat EMGs. but if you get some, have them professionally installed, because actives are a b*tch to put in a guitar that is passive....
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

ok thanks dudes....but i heard, that cleans dont sound too good with the emg's...what do you think?
Last edited by dickeskind at Oct 17, 2007,
Why would you want to change them?! It already has SDs in it.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
i thought they were "Duncan disighned" or something.

Go for EMG 81/85's
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by steven seagull
*sigh*

amp?

lols <3 mark and his amp posts.

time for my, EMG? gtfo. post

You can get better pickups than EMG's for metal and rock, look around, they are not the answer to every pickup question, in fact, they are, imo, one of the worst pickup brands to exist, they sound so sterile and lifeless, wow, they drive the amp hard, so does an overdrive. get some nice passives, and then consider getting an overdrive if it's not gainy enough for you.

Oh, and if you're playing a solid state amp, EMG's will sound like ass anyway. Even worse ass than usual.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Emg's are just like overdrive pedals in your guitar with all dials cranked to 10.

If you're one of those "SOWNDS BR00TALZ ROAAAWRH I R TEH DEVILZ ROCKARR" types then EMG's are for you. You're probably used to dick in your ear anyway.

But imho, emgs are WAY over-rated. Driven through the right setup, they're good pickups.

But dimarzios blow em outta the water. I played my uncle's gibson LP with dimarzio's in it, forget what model as it was a couple years ago. But damn that thing sounded sweet, went through a home modded b-52 half stack.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
i play my schecter through an Engl fireball!

and im mostly play the songs from metallica and black sabbath...but the clean parts as well;
Quote by mcw00t
lols <3 mark and his amp posts.

time for my, EMG? gtfo. post

You can get better pickups than EMG's for metal and rock, look around, they are not the answer to every pickup question, in fact, they are, imo, one of the worst pickup brands to exist, they sound so sterile and lifeless, wow, they drive the amp hard, so does an overdrive. get some nice passives, and then consider getting an overdrive if it's not gainy enough for you.

Oh, and if you're playing a solid state amp, EMG's will sound like ass anyway. Even worse ass than usual.

wow, you play your buddy's emgs through his mahogany schecter and his line 6, and youre an expert.
Quote by ECistheBest
^that's one hell of an expert mate.

sorry, but im tired of these little snot nosed kids who cant even afford the things commenting on them like theyre the owner of the company. its quite tiring.
^lulz. what if he was a secret sales associate of line6? eh? u never know about modern business.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^lulz. what if he was a secret sales associate of line6? eh? u never know about modern business.

that gave me the heebie jeebies
lol thaweee.

ur gear mind is complicated. although u hate elitists loving the boutique stuff, u hate people advertising line6. ur down at the middle eh?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by dickeskind
i play my schecter through an Engl fireball!

and im mostly play the songs from metallica and black sabbath...but the clean parts as well;

I wouldn't go with EMG's personally, you want something a bit more organic for Sabbath-type tones...maybe a Warpig?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i'd say your best bet is to ask over at bareknuckle and/or ask on the forum, if you do consider going down that route. BKP's are really nice pickups, but you really do want to match them properly to the woods. Many BKP fans have been known to say (on their forum, no less), that X pickup doesn't sound very good in a particular guitar, etc.

of course, it's the same for most if not all pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dimeis#1
i thought they were "Duncan disighned" or something.

Go for EMG 81/85's

They're real Duncans, a JB and a Jazz to be precise.
Personally I'd go with some higher output passive in the bridge and keep the jazz because its cleans are just so nice.

EDIT: EMG stands for "Ew Muddy Garbage" , they're only good for the most br00tal metal IMO. They're just not versatile (although some will argue this, they haven't won me over).
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Last edited by omarrodrigez at Oct 18, 2007,
DiMarzio's all the way. I have the Evo 2`s.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
SD Distortion? those pups blew me away after i plugged it through a some half stack amp.
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
Quote by TehJermie

sorry, but im tired of these little snot nosed kids who cant even afford the things commenting on them like theyre the owner of the company. its quite tiring.

wow, so all of a sudden, i'm not allowed to have an opinion, sweet. I've played guitars with EMG's active pickups, I've listened to bands who use EMG pickups, and I really hate the tone. It sounds really lifeless to me, I much prefer the dynamics of passive pickups. I was considering EMG's for the ibanez I've been modding, tried them out, and hated them, do I got a set of Dimarzios instead. So I'd really think before disregarding someone's opinion next time.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
wow, so all of a sudden, i'm not allowed to have an opinion, sweet. I've played guitars with EMG's active pickups, I've listened to bands who use EMG pickups, and I really hate the tone. It sounds really lifeless to me, I much prefer the dynamics of passive pickups. I was considering EMG's for the ibanez I've been modding, tried them out, and hated them, do I got a set of Dimarzios instead. So I'd really think before disregarding someone's opinion next time.

i never said you werent allowed to have an opinion.
i simply said i was tired of stupid opinions.
as far as EMGs dynamics go, they are pretty high up there. coming from a guy whose owned a lot as far as pickups, all the way up to the major "boutique" winds. EMGs give you pretty much exactly what you give them. you pick softly, they clean up, you pick hard, they punch right through. they are extremely dynamic.
if you are referring to the flatter eq curve that they show, i dont consider it sterile. to be quite honest, i think most people who claim to dislike EMGs are lacking in the chops department and just love being covered up by copious amounts of sloppy bass and muddy mids. and i bet you wouldnt have such a biased ear if nobody told you when playing music the guitarists was using EMGS.
Quote by TehJermie
i never said you werent allowed to have an opinion.
i simply said i was tired of stupid opinions.
as far as EMGs dynamics go, they are pretty high up there. coming from a guy whose owned a lot as far as pickups, all the way up to the major "boutique" winds. EMGs give you pretty much exactly what you give them. you pick softly, they clean up, you pick hard, they punch right through. they are extremely dynamic.
if you are referring to the flatter eq curve that they show, i dont consider it sterile. to be quite honest, i think most people who claim to dislike EMGs are lacking in the chops department and just love being covered up by copious amounts of sloppy bass and muddy mids. and i bet you wouldnt have such a biased ear if nobody told you when playing music the guitarists was using EMGS.

I reckon I would, I'm not the noob you make me out to be, I just don't like the EMG's. and I wouldn't say that i cover myself up with sloppy bass and muddy mids either, I'm using Dimarzio: D Activator (bridge), Chopper (middle) and Breed (neck) The D Activator is a very tight cutting pickup, similar with the chopper, but the chopper has far more punchy mids, the breed in the neck would get a little muddy under high gain, but as long as mids aren't on full, then it'd be fine, plus the idea was to use it as a clean pickup anyway. I spent quite a while looking at different pickups, and just found the EMG's lacking in comparison to the Dimarzio's

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Yeah.

I would personally suggest a Duncan Distortion in the Bridge and a Fullshred in the neck. The distortion fixes every problem I've ever had with the JB, makes it thicker and crunchier, but it still sounsd great for soaring leads. The fullshred in the neck will to great for clean tones, and be super clear no matter how much gain you put on it.
Quote by littlemurph7976
^^ will you two get a room or something

+1

why is it every thread you go into you seem to get into a fight, jermie? I'm not saying your opinion's right or wrong, but you have a very confrontational way of stating said opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by omarrodrigez

EDIT: EMG stands for "Ew Muddy Garbage" , they're only good for the most br00tal metal IMO. They're just not versatile (although some will argue this, they haven't won me over).

That really is a moronic statement. I have EMG's in a PRS with a 81 in bridge and a 60 in neck. I find them to be very versatile. Crystal clear cleans and powerful overdriven tones, I've played everything from funk to blues to balls out metal with them and they dont disappoint me, and me and my friend between us have around 20 guitars and countless top quality pedals and amps, so we have a lot of guitars to compare them too !

EMG's are crystal clear, which means playing technique is brought into question, and shows up guys who are sloppy, that's what the mud is probably.
Seymour Duncan Jazz Bridge. Trust me, the name is so wrong for that pickup. The sound is HUGE, ariculate and clear and takes heavy gain really well.

I'd either go with that or a Seymour Duncan Invader.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
Seymour Duncan Jazz Bridge. Trust me, the name is so wrong for that pickup. The sound is HUGE, ariculate and clear and takes heavy gain really well.

I'd either go with that or a Seymour Duncan Invader.

I think you made that one up....

...and as for the invader
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd say your best bet is to ask over at bareknuckle and/or ask on the forum, if you do consider going down that route. BKP's are really nice pickups, but you really do want to match them properly to the woods. Many BKP fans have been known to say (on their forum, no less), that X pickup doesn't sound very good in a particular guitar, etc.

+1

BKP are nice. The nailbomb is a good pickup and is good for heavy music. Because you already (kinda) know what you want, go the BKP forum and ask them if it'll work for your specific needs. If it doesn't then they will tell you of another BKP that will work.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by scott316
I have EMG's in a PRS with a 81 in bridge and a 60 in neck. I find them to be very versatile.

My deepest apologies.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by steven seagull
I think you made that one up....

...and as for the invader

you actually can get a bridge version of the jazz, though I haven't tried it.

the invader is crappy, though.

Quote by CorduroyEW
+1

BKP are nice. The nailbomb is a good pickup and is good for heavy music. Because you already (kinda) know what you want, go the BKP forum and ask them if it'll work for your specific needs. If it doesn't then they will tell you of another BKP that will work.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you actually can get a bridge version of the jazz, though I haven't tried it.

the invader is crappy, though.

Really? Then I stand corrected

Althou I really don't think that's what he meant, I reckon he simply doesn't know what the JB actually stands for
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

haha, true.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

the guys on the forum told me that there are pickups which would fit my schecter just fine

- nailbomb
- holy diver

did someone make any experience with this two?
and i dont know do i use them in the bridge and the neck position?

mfg
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Ok, cool.

Wouldn't hurt to check with them, but bareknuckle make both a neck version and bridge version of those pickups, so if they said just the one, I assume they mean to just get the calibrated set...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2