Would it be possible to add a bass tremolo bridge to my Ibanez BTB200?

Ive wanted to for a long time, people have told me i need quite alot of space between my bridge and the base of the guitar...

Can anyone help? and where would i go to get it put in?
Kyuss is quite possibly the best sound on the planet
Kahler make bass trems, and you would go to a luthier to get it done...I can see the novelty wearing off though.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
they make them that top fit so you don't have to route, so you probably won't need a luthier, but I'd still consult one.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
They're not very common, but it is possible for sure. There are some top-mount ones and ones that require routing. But I agree with shredmeiser101, in that you should consult with a professional luthier.

And here's a video of Les Claypool with his tremelo-equiped bass. He uses it at 1:30 in the video.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
actually dude washburn made a bass with a trem and its pretty good sound to it and is really low sounding and really bassy (for a bass) soo its pretty good for metal and heavyier stuff