I'm thinking of buying a Fender Stratocaster for around £400. Any help?
The Classic Player 50s or 60s. I played a 50s in comparison with a American Tele (which has, for reference, the exact same neck shaping and body wood as a USA Strat) and I actually preferred the tone of the CP50s, the neck on the CP50s was real comfy, the tuning was just as good and the quality + playability is all there. The CP60s is also nice, but has a nice flatter fretboard for faster playing and different pickups, neck contour and fretboard. Still as good quality though. Steer clear of the Deluxe Players, the pickups are duff and it's basically a glorified MIM Standard. The Classic series are as high quality as the Classic Players, but have a lot of 'true' vintage features, such as a very radiused fretboard, which have been addressed with the creation of the Players but are still possibly preferable.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
edwards/tokai/blade.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i agree.

don't get me wrong, a custom shop one or similar would be sweet, but in the UK an MIA strat is £600, minimum. You can get nicer guitars, for less, if you ask me, if you know where to look.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What's the company Leo Fender branched off and made? G&L I think. I played one of those and it's more comfortable than Fender Strats.
yeah, i just don't like their very narrow nut widths (though i might get on better with them now)... but very nice guitars. though expensive here in the UK too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought a Lite Ash Strat for about £330 from Thomann.de. Very nice guitar with birds eye maple neck, swamp ash two-piece body and Seymour Duncans. I agree there are so many of them it is very hard to know which is best. Thing is you can buy a basic model and then modify it to suit yourself...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_lite_ash_stratocaster_mn_nt.htm
Suhr Rasmus S-100
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster Classic Player 60s
Fender Telecaster Baja
PRS Tremonti SE
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Yamaha LL6 Acoustic
Blackstar HT1R
Boss GT-10
Digitech Jamman
Hey, The red strat, you should write your signature like this: "^If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes in this post, feel free to correct me. I'm always willing to learn. "

Oh and to the TS: You know what's the least expensive thing you can do when it comes to buying guitar is? (assuming you're gonna play for the rest of your life) Save those money and when you have money enough, buy the guitar of your dream. Well, maybe not a 25 grand fender strat 1962 or something, but maybe like me, an American Fender HSS. I don't think I'll never gonna sell this one, neither the amp. It's a "for the rest of your life" thing.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by SadGuit
I bought a Lite Ash Strat for about £330 from Thomann.de. Very nice guitar with birds eye maple neck, swamp ash two-piece body and Seymour Duncans. I agree there are so many of them it is very hard to know which is best. Thing is you can buy a basic model and then modify it to suit yourself...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_lite_ash_stratocaster_mn_nt.htm

i was under the impression it was sen ash. Considering fender doesn't put swamp ash on some of the lower american models (as far as I'm aware), i doubt they'd put it on a £300 guitar...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Hultan
Hey, The red strat, you should write your signature like this: "^If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes in this post, feel free to correct me. I'm always willing to learn. "

are you serious or are you kidding ?
Quote by MrCarrot
The Classic Player 50s or 60s. I played a 50s in comparison with a American Tele (which has, for reference, the exact same neck shaping and body wood as a USA Strat) and I actually preferred the tone of the CP50s, the neck on the CP50s was real comfy, the tuning was just as good and the quality + playability is all there. The CP60s is also nice, but has a nice flatter fretboard for faster playing and different pickups, neck contour and fretboard. Still as good quality though. Steer clear of the Deluxe Players, the pickups are duff and it's basically a glorified MIM Standard. The Classic series are as high quality as the Classic Players, but have a lot of 'true' vintage features, such as a very radiused fretboard, which have been addressed with the creation of the Players but are still possibly preferable.

I much, much perfered the Deluxe Players to the MIM. the pups sounded a hell of a lot better than the MIMs (not that great, but a lot better) and most of all it plays ten times better than any MIM i've played to date.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by The red Strat.
are you serious or are you kidding ?

Ey pendejo, do I look like a f*cking joke to you eh? eh?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Ey pendejo, do I look like a f*cking joke to you eh? eh?

i haven't got a clue what you mean by that first part

i'm still not sure wheter it was a joke or not