Page 1 of 3
Not sure who wrote this on UG, but somebody said something like "England's weird, in America, people hate you for your skin color but in England they hate you for your hair length."
I've lived in England since July and I can say that the England part is basically true. Ugh... people at school automatically think that because I have long hair, I'm gay. Just the other day, somebody went up to people standing in the hallway and said, "Are you gay?" and one person said "No" he went up to the second one, asked the same question and he answered no, and then came up to me and asked me, and I said "No." And he turned around to somebody and said, "He's lying of course,"
And yesterday I was walking to PE and two people came up to me, I'd never seen them before, and one of them said, "Hey, that guy just wanted to say that he really likes you." I tried laughing it off, but they started laughing and yelled "HAHA! He smiled." And these were people I'd never seen before. I've been called things like "gay American" a lot, it's stupid. And before you ask, no I'm not gay. People are seriously close-minded but I've never seen it as bad as at my new school. It's friggin frustrating
This is a little off topic, but do any of you guys with long hair have to tie your hair in a pony tail for school?
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
I used to but then I got a job...

EDIT: Only for science experiments now that you mention it
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
start wearing all black and some chains and grow a beard... theyll stop ****ing with you then, trust me.
Uhhh..

I don't even have long hair, and a group of kids came up to me at the bus stop going.

"Oi you, long haired boy! Are you gay?"

Etc.

Small world 'ey.

Also, if you're really that bothered, why not get a haircut? lol
Yes, yes I do tie my hair back. Just crack one of them in the face and they'll shut up.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
that's just idiot kids for you, im English and i don't usually judge people by appearance (at least i try not to) i treat people equally, not by gender, sexuallity, skin colour or hair length. tbh i prefer guys with long hair anyway, so maybe it's just me, but i wouldn't let it get to you
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
Good jesus, they can't be old. Really. Can't be a day past 13... I refuse to believe it.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by blarnbatt
start wearing all black and some chains and grow a beard... theyll stop ****ing with you then, trust me.

ye that guy talks sense, i personally dislike long hair but there are some sick ass beasty moshers out there which would crap all over some cocky little tard like that. So ye just put on like 20 kilos and they'll know when to shutup.
Yeah I get that from some people.
Not really them calling me gay, but calling me a girl and such.
And no, I don't ever tie my hair up for school. (except when I have to when I have a lab in chemistry...it's horrible)
next time anyone starts s*** with ya , knock them the f*** out

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
kill them and rape the corpses
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
in america, they discriminate against you for hair length

i've gotten enough BS from people for mine to know
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I never even knew there was a perceived correlation between the two. o.O
wow... i dont see where this part comes into your thread.

Quote by Garlik
Not sure who wrote this on UG, but somebody said something like "England's weird, in America, people hate you for your skin color but in England they hate you for your hair length."

Are you saying that it's alright to tease about skin colour because that is real but not hair colour/length/style because it's less important. I don't really understand your arguement.
Flirtini's all round!!
it's similar in my country, back when i was 4 years old, one of the teachers at kindergarten was alwya bothering me "look at the cute little girl" or stuff like "you only need make up now and you'll be such a sweet girl" imagine the impact of those comments on an innocent 4 yearl old kid.... the same day i asked my mom if she could cut my hair

also, right now, i have an emo-ish haircut, so my uncles, my friends, and even my dad (altough he does it indirectly) say i'm gau because of my hair

my hair, my problem....same with yours, you'll have to face the ignorance of people
Quote by NOAH23

Are you saying that it's alright to tease about skin colour because that is real but not hair colour/length/style because it's less important. I don't really understand your arguement.

I think that he was just setting up his thread's main point more than anything...

You don't have to turn everything into an argument. O_o

I seriously doubt he was implying racism is right.
Quote by NOAH23

The point is that it's so unusual. Not that it's "more wrong".
Mate you're blatantly gay!

Ah just laugh it off.
I used to get insulted about having long hair, but nobody my age really does it anymore, just little kids.
Ah walking past the year bases a couple of weeks ago and some chav shouts 'long haired tramp!' I couldn't help but smile
Sorry but this post is a load of bollocks.
I've lived in England all my life and have had long hair for almost all of it along with many friends and most of the British youth. There is absolutely NO stigma in England for people with long hair being gay in any age group. There is however a strong stigma for emo kids being called gay and affeminate kids. It is also used widely as an insult because . . . well insults are just of the populus wit over here. Unless you're about 10 then it's not because of your hair length thats for sure, maybe you want to reassess the situation . . .

Most likely it's just chavs doing what they do, it's not you for a reason, its just because they are morons and most definately not a fair representation of the British population as a whole.
Make them wear a wig and call you daddy.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
If you're an american ex-pat that's probably the reason why. The American accent is seen as quite affeninate over here and a lot of the idiots make the connection on top of which there is a tendancy to dislike Americans over here just as there is in pretty much every other English speaking country in the world.
yeah i used to get called a girl and gay, not so much now. i only tie it back when im doing science, i hate it though.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
You're new

You have long hair

You're American

You have two more reasons than most new kids for bullies to use as an excuse to increase their self esteem.

It'll stop eventually, find some friends ignore the twats, and they'll get bored.
Quote by ShoTown
There is absolutely NO stigma in England for people with long hair being gay in any age group. There is however a strong stigma for emo kids being called gay and affeminate kids. It is also used widely as an insult because . . . well insults are just of the populus wit over here. Unless you're about 10 then it's not because of your hair length thats for sure, maybe you want to reassess the situation . . .

Most likely it's just chavs doing what they do, it's not you for a reason, its just because they are morons and most definately not a fair representation of the British population as a whole.

I second this, the criticising of long hair in england, is no more than any other country.
Quote by stefan1988
kill them and rape the corpses

Thats absolutely vile, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You Rape them THEN kill them.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Thats absolutely vile, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You Rape them THEN kill them.

Sheesh

Your both wrong.

You rape them, kill them, then rape them again. Nubs
I've read the posts and want to clear up some stuff. I'm not racist at all, I'm just quoting somebody else. And, ShoTown, I'm not saying that all British people do that, I said, at the end of my post, "I've never seen it as bad as at my new school" It's just the impression that I've gotten from my school, though some people do like it. But the majority hates it. And somebody wrote at the beginning of the thread, that I should cut my hair if I'm that bothered by their ignorance. The problem with that is that I'd just be sucking up to them. I've often told people that the reason that I grew my hair out even more was because everybody kept on pressuring me to cut it. And, on a very simple level, I have nothing against my hair, so I why should I cut it?
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

I got the exact thing even from people new to the god damn school and i've been there since the beginning!!!

My School are stupid, they have rules that ONLY BOYS hair is not allowed past the collar!!!

but **** them on that.

And yeah i tie my hair back.
Oh, and I hate tying my hair back too, but the school is making me, it claims that it's a rule...
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Quote by blarnbatt

if a kid in an english school did that they'd get bullied... every day
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
hell i wouldnt judge people by their haircut....
i judge them by personality, music style... it may sound stupid, but it works for me
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Garlik
And yesterday I was walking to PE and two people came up to me, I'd never seen them before, and one of them said, "Hey, that guy just wanted to say that he really likes you." I tried laughing it off, but they started laughing and yelled "HAHA! He smiled."

Quote by Dobzilla

I don't even have long hair, and a group of kids came up to me at the bus stop going.

"Oi you, long haired boy! Are you gay?"

Appearently in England, everyone is 12 years old as well...

For the most part, people here stop acting like that after elementary school (for the most part)

I can't speak for the states though.
Page 1 of 3