hi, i need a new amp and was wondering if you could help me.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=&m=Brands&c=Guitar+Amplifiers&r=%A3200+-+%A3400&x=22&y=6

My budget is 360. I mainly play classic rock and blues. No metal (i have an OD pedal anyway)
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
Orange Bass Terror 500 > Markbass 4x10
Last edited by Never_Been_Me at Oct 17, 2007,
Laney VC15, VC30, or Fender Pro Junior

though you should get a new guitar
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
if i was to choose one of those, the vox ac15cc1 would be the one i would go for, then the laney vc30 they are the only two that are going to get you a good blues rock tone for that price.

I have the vox ac15cc1 and my god it plays nice, some people say it's not as good as the laney's but i assure you when i played the laney it just didn't sound original and i didn't feel comfortable settling for an amp that is based on the vox amps when i could just get a real vox for myself.
cherub_rocker07 - New guitar would be an advantage, but the amp will have a bigger impact. So I'd say amp first, as long as the guitar is in playable condition. Mine is falling apart but I still went for a new amp first because it was the better move.

I agree with the Laney VC30 suggestion. And I'd say that a Fender Blues Jr. would be better than the Pro Jr. because it has more controls for you to tweak your sound. However, the onboard overdrive isn't that heavy. Another suggestion would be to either stretch your budget to £400 and get a new Peavey Classic 30 or (a better idea) get one used for less.
Laney VC-30
Peavey Classic 30

blues and rock isn't exactly my ballpark but they're pretty sound choices
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by stephen_rettie
MARSHALL DSL 401, please god read this it is the best amp in your price range

my old rythm guitarist had one of those, consequently we told him to leave the band until he could afford a better amp. It sounded awful, live it wasn't so noticeable, in the practice room it sounded ok but a little on the crappy side. But the worse bit was when we recorded, dear oh dear did it ruin the whole mix, we sat down for hours trying to eq it, messed around with different settings and it still sucked. He's now got a fender super reverb the lucky get.
Quote by stephen_rettie
MARSHALL DSL 401, please god read this it is the best amp in your price range

No it isn't...

It's not a bad amp, but for blues and classic rock you can do so much better.
please remember my budget is £360
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
used jcm800 combo
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
I play blues and classic rock. I am partial to Peavey, so I would try the Classic 30 and also a Valveking combo. Vox, Laney and Marshall, a lot of great amps to choose from. You need to go and try them to narrow your choices so you can get more specific recommendations. You have a good list to try. Get out there. Come back and post when you have narrowed it down to two or three. Good luck. Don't forget to try the used market, amazing values can be had.
So the 3 I'm thinking of are the:

Peavey Valveking
Laney VC30
Line6 Flextone

Pro's and Cons of them plz
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
the Laney & Peavey are both valve amps, so you get the nice, authenic tone, though you may have to crank it to get the tone

the Flextone, you can do a lot with it, but it's got a more digital sound
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Is Peavey Classic 30 not in your pricerange?
I don't really have time to explain pros and cons of them all, but in that list above, Laney VC-30 is easily head and shoulders above the rest- the VK is a budget valve amp, and the Flextone is a moddeller trying to be a valve amp.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
VC30
Pros
Good allrounder for cleans - mid gain. Nice warm sweet clean channel, can get bright and fendery if EQed properly. Nice thick cruncy Drive, Quality Reverb, Standby Switch (The Classic 30 doesnt have), effects loop.

Cons
Quite sensitive to treble, a bit too icepick in the ear at times.
Not a lot of gain, probably do hard rock with Humbuckers.
Needs a good speaker and valve swap (True of the Classic 30 too though)
There's been alot of cases where they've totally failed too at the Laney thread. Mines held up well so far though.
I'd consider a Fender Blues Jr., a (used!) Peavey Classic 30, or the Laney.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...