hey folks, im looking for a guitar amp for private use, and my maximum budget is 150 pounds.

well, with that price, im looking for a 15watt amp, which is ideal for me because im living in a university campus and i cant play too loud.

i play mainly metal, not extreme metal, the iron maiden type of metal. abit of rock as well. but mainly metal.

i've tried the Fender Frontman 15R, and im impressed by what it delivered. it's beefy enough, and costs only around 50 pounds, which is good.

but im also considering the Vox Valvetronix series, because of the good things people say about it. im considering the AD15VT in particular, but ive seen another model of the AD15VT, namely the AD15VT-XL. what is the difference between the 2, besides the 20-ish pounds difference in price? i havent got the chance to test them both yet, so i dont know how they sound.

any other amps that u guys can recommend for my style and price range?

btw, im using an Epiphone Les Paul Standard guitar.

thanks!
Roland Cube. Look into that. the Microcube, or the 30w model though. 15w/20w don't hold any water IMO.

Vox amps are more for the rock/blues player than for metal. Roland are recognised as one of the best SS practise amps for gain and general metal sounding stuff.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Roland Cube. Look into that. the Microcube, or the 30w model though. 15w/20w don't hold any water IMO.

Vox amps are more for the rock/blues player than for metal. Roland are recognised as one of te best SS practise amps for gain and general metal sounding stuff.

yeah i use the 10 watt microcube and its class, good for everything... im a bluesy funky player and im saving for the vox...
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by Vindicator
but ive seen another model of the AD15VT, namely the AD15VT-XL. what is the difference between the 2, besides the 20-ish pounds difference in price?

The XL is made just for you. It's the higher gain/metal version of the AD series. I haven't tried it, so I can't recommend it, but that's the idea.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.