My Laney Mighty Eight has finally died. I wasn't prepared for the death, and so I haven't really thought about buying an amp. I am not on a extremely tight budget but £700 is kind of still a lot of money to me. I play metal, stuff like Arch Enemy.

Thanks.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Used 5150 combo? go for around 500-600
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Try to find another laney combo, something like a VC30 or an LC30. if u have a good pedal, i think that a Fender wouldnt be too bad, like a Pro Jr. or a Hot Rod. Im in the US, so im not sure about prices too much.
^ ANY of those amps for Arch Enemy?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Used 5150/6505. Windsor may be a contender new. And who the hell is Arch Enemy? Just kidding, different generation.
i'm still trying to decipher what your budget is from your original post...

EDIT: this is what i've come up with so far:

0<x<£700
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ oh! right erm hm i thought you said your budget was 700- how much do you have to spend?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I'm not the one paying for it, and the one who is isn't clear on the budget.

£500 or so.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

second hand 5150/6505 combo maybe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm still trying to decipher what your budget is from your original post...

EDIT: this is what i've come up with so far:

0<x<£700

It says £700 in the original post ; or did he edit it?

Anyway, I second the used 5150.
check the post above mine.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
check the post above mine.

This still isn't making sense to me

TS, do you have £700 or £500? And if you have 500, could you make it clear
look at post #8.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
look at post #8.

Exactly! But I don't know why it dropped £200 all of a sudden. Maybe he lost it in that Nigerian 'I am the king of Nigeria, my money is in your bank account.' scam.

And now I need the toilet, great timing, what a wonderful lunch this is turning out to be
he said he wasn't on a really tight budget, but that £700 was still kinda a lot of money to him- meaning £700 was too much. just he wasn't sure what his exact budget was. i think.

Oh, and o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha
yeah dude, for around that- maybe 50-100 more can get you a used Peavey 5150 combo
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Dave_Mc
he said he wasn't on a really tight budget, but that £700 was still kinda a lot of money to him- meaning £700 was too much. just he wasn't sure what his exact budget was. i think.

Oh, and o_O

Yes - basically.

My Dad didn't specify at all how much I was allowed to spend, and didn't want to, and made me look a fool on UG.

I'll go for the Peavey 5150 combo then, thanks.
Quote by Necrophagist777

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?