Is there a way to reduce the amount of buzz coming from my amp? I just got a new guitar (Fender USA standard strat) and because of the single coils i'm getting alot of buzz and its driving me insane.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
does using a humbucker get rid of it?

edit: that will tell us if its the guitar or outside interference...
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
sheild it a little more, not just the top, but the cavities. get some copper sheilding tape and find a tutorial. u will need to know how to solder btw. Or get some noiseless pickups, which of course would work but would be more expensive.
Yep, noiseless pickups should do the trick unless the buzz is feedback coming from your amp. In that case, I don't know, get a better amp.
Signatures are too mainstream
the fender vintage noiseless are the best pickups ever I think, and are more responsive than the Americans. also lace sensors kick ass, I hear. shielding should be a last resort, not to be done by yourself. first tryto isolate the interference, neon signs, monitors, wireless signals, and other such objects spawn hum. try using a humbucking pickup to see if it still exists. also a shiyyt amp can't help, or too much distortion/ volume. try putting the pickup selector in 2 or 4, splitting the pups can buck hum since most strats have reverse polarity middle pup. maybe try a noise gate, but they can suck tone/not help.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
or was it 9...
yeah 10
Ok thanks for the advice
It is the pickups i think because it's fine withe me les paul
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Quote by kanguuu
Is there a way to reduce the amount of buzz coming from my amp? I just got a new guitar (Fender USA standard strat) and because of the single coils i'm getting alot of buzz and its driving me insane.

are you sitting at the computer by any chance?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
^^^ not while playing

Does anyone have any links to sound clips of the noiseless pick ups?

EDIT: oh yeah it's only when using distortion btw, but its totally fine with my les paul
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

Last edited by kanguuu at Oct 17, 2007,
dont just buy new pickups because theres some buzzing, you need to shield the cavity

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5XZ_x47-Og

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7JI8UF7zo

these are not the best of clips, but if you try it yourself on a tube amp they are responsive and sweet.
I recommend using a deluxe players strat(600$) wiith a fender blues jr to try them.

^the upgrade is worth it, shielding would cost money to have done, and kill the guitar if he can't do it himself, the pickups are only 130 for noiseless or hot noiseless, 150 for 3 laces. My only complaint of the Americans has been the crappy stock pickups, these make it a dream guitar.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

Quote by Lil Macker
or was it 9...
yeah 10
Last edited by rhakiath at Oct 17, 2007,
cheers dude
Quote by Virgil_Hart05