I need good advice on solos to learn to help me get better. I noticed that unlike most people I know just sitting down and learning some scales with a metronome does not work. But when I sit down and take some time to learn a solo or song I learn the technique much better that way. Anyways I can play a solo equivalent to Unforgiven by Metallica, which is very pentatonic based. Basically if I could get some suggestions for Beginner, Intermediate, and hard solos that would be great. Also don't just tell me a band please. Because I can play some solos by Dimebag Darrell and others I can't even touch so please no bands give me song names as well.

Thanks
nighttrain solo guns n roses
dont freak out cuz its a slash solo its a intermediate solo but the rhythem is kinda funky in some parts
YOU SEE US COMIN WALK TOGETHER RUN FOR COVER WERE TAKIN OVER THIS FUCKIN TOWN-PANTERA COWBOYS FROM HELL (OFFICAL LIVE 101)
Quote by bls4life8
nighttrain solo guns n roses
dont freak out cuz its a slash solo its a intermediate solo but the rhythem is kinda funky in some parts

the first one is intermediate, the second one at the end is a little more difficult, took me a while to master anyways
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
No More Tears by Ozzy. Zakks solo in that song is almost all Penatonic boxes. Even tho i dont like em, maybe the Bat Country solo by Avenged Sevenfold. not too difficult, but would be good. Try learning Freya or Iron Swan by The Sword. If u want something hard, try Kickstart my heart by Motley Crue. The solo in 3's and 7's by Queens of the Stone Age has some very odd parts where the rhythm is totally off, which makes it quite difficult to get perfect imo. Maybe try Peace Sells by Megadeth.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by Ducaines1
I need good advice on solos to learn to help me get better. I noticed that unlike most people I know just sitting down and learning some scales with a metronome does not work. But when I sit down and take some time to learn a solo or song I learn the technique much better that way. Anyways I can play a solo equivalent to Unforgiven by Metallica, which is very pentatonic based. Basically if I could get some suggestions for Beginner, Intermediate, and hard solos that would be great. Also don't just tell me a band please. Because I can play some solos by Dimebag Darrell and others I can't even touch so please no bands give me song names as well.

Thanks

Stairway to Heaven will cover most of the basics.

Alot of beatles licks and riffs help alot too, so Back in the Ussr and Come together are good ones to learn.

Alot of chuck berry, so Johnny B goode and maybellene, also Daphne or w/e its called.

Speed isnt the key to everything, good rythm, timing and phasing is so important to a good solo. I find alot of metal is too fast and unrythmic without feeling. So it down and make it passionate and speed up if required.
check out the tab talk forum. plenty of stickied topics that should help.
the 2nd nighttrain solo is pretty hard

you shook me all night long you could learn but i dont know your skill level
YOU SEE US COMIN WALK TOGETHER RUN FOR COVER WERE TAKIN OVER THIS FUCKIN TOWN-PANTERA COWBOYS FROM HELL (OFFICAL LIVE 101)
Metallica solos are great, they are challenging and sound good. Nothing Else Matters has a good intermediate solo, and it sounds really awesome too. James' slow solo in master of puppets (A bit after the clean interlude) is also intermediate, and the intro solo to fade to black, everything but some slow sweep picking isnt too difficult. Hard solos you could learn the outro solo of fade to black, or the 2nd solo of master of puppets. There are some slow DragonForce solos that are challenging but very melodic and awesome sounding, you could try them if you want. (Trail of broken hearts, above the winter moonlight, dawn over a new world) However you might not like or listen to DragonForce so you can ignore that suggestion if you like ;D
izzy kicks ass
whats he up to these days
is he still playing in a band
Izzy Stradlin and the JuJu Hounds.

Or maybe he's just touring as Izzy Stradlin now, I dunno. But yeah, he's still doing musical stuff.
Ben