I need to chose a guitarist to write about who contributed to guitar, or music in general. I also need to find out about their background and influences. I was going to write about Buckethead, but there aren't many facts about him.

So who do you think I should write about?
Robert Johnson, ole father blues, he's shrouded in such mystery he's fascinating. I.e, in recording studios, he faced the wall, a) so people couldn't see his awesome techniques b) The reverb off the wall.

Get writing
Evh
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Jason Becker...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I was actually thinking about Robert Johnson. Hendrix is overdone. Iommi is definitely an option, I might write about him now that you mention it.
Frank Zappa
Tony Iommi
Django Reindhardt
Buddy Guy
Andres Segovia
John McLaughlin
Chuck Berry
Dave Murray

oh, and please try not to write about the obvious ones that everyone knows about (hendrix, page, clapton, etc)
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Oct 17, 2007,
i say randy rhoads
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
steve vai has to be the best person to write about. i cant believe he hasnt been mentioned yet
I'm going with Tony Iommi. The story about his prostetic fingers is amusing. And a lot of people consider him to be the reason heavy metal came about, so he's a solid choice.
i had to do this last year, i did slash, it wasnt too hard and there was alot of interesting stuff i learned
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Slash, there's alot of Sex Drugs n Rock n Roll in his life story.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
Slash, there's alot of Sex Drugs n Rock n Roll in his life story.

he's way overrated...plus, he didn't do much contribution to guitar
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Steve The Plank
Iommi would be a good choice, what with the accident involving the loss of the tips of his fretting fingers, forcing him to reinvent the way he plays guitar, paving the way to how he became the grandfather of heavy metal, etc.

Exactly what I was thinking.

steve vai has to be the best person to write about. i cant believe he hasnt been mentioned yet

Honestly, I don't like Vai. He has that whole classical metal thing going for him, and he's amazing at it, but I dislike the sound.
Blind Willie Johnson. I was just about to start a thread on him. His story really is a sad one. Blinded at 7, he died from exposure alone sheltering under a bed of wet newspapers in the burnt out shell of his house, alone. And now his music has just left the galaxy on the voyager spacecraft