Page 1 of 3
i know there is a 'hardcore' forum already (i die a little everytime i see that thing) so i thought maybe we should make one here for straight up hardcore bands going now? not power violence or grind just straight up hardcore. Ill kick it off i guess. my favorite hardcore bands are definitely:

Direct Control
government warning
Strung Up
CHRONIC SEIZURE
double negative
total fury
cardiac arrest
regulations
limp wrist
Warkrime
formalhyde junkies (( RIP, but they deserve to be here))
****ed up
sin orden

almost forgot labels:
No way!
southkore
fashionable idiots
tankcrimes
feral ward
grave mistake
havoc

EDIT i suck at spelling
Last edited by crustyreed at Oct 20, 2007,
Quote by crustyreed
not power violence

My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
yes i know must refuse the urge to put some capitalist casulities , charles brons........... o no its taking over my brain must listen to dropdead!!!!
I don't like real hardcore any more than bad hardcore. It's too fast and loud and it hurts my ears.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like real hardcore any more than bad hardcore. It's too fast and loud and it hurts my ears.

Yeah i was kinda wondering why there were'nt any throw back 80s hardcore threads on here seeing as i've already seen a few people discussing there love of SSD but w.e guess im the only fan here. this thread= dead
Alot of people here like it. I just don't like anything that's too loud and fast. It's fine at shows and stuff, but you won't catch me listening to it at home.
Quote by sargasm
Alot of people here like it. I just don't like anything that's too loud and fast. It's fine at shows and stuff, but you won't catch me listening to it at home.
I'm the same way. A song has to have a melody or a line I can remember for me to like it. It's hard to do that in a 30 second hardcore song
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blackflag49
I love Black Flag, they're like the definitive hardcore band.

And of course, my favorite album is Damaged.

MDC is also great, and Saccharine Trust.

I feel like I'm kissing your ass all the time, but I can't let someone mention Saccharine Trust without giving them props. So here's some props for ya.
Cro-Mags
Agnostic Front
H2O
Slapshot
Sick Of It All
Murphy's Law
Gangrene
Bad Brains
Blood For Blood
are some of my favorites.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Killswitch Engage
Bring Me The Horizon
I Killed The Prom Queen
Bullet For My Valentine
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Quote by nz_matt
Killswitch Engage
Bring Me The Horizon
I Killed The Prom Queen
Bullet For My Valentine

Yeah, this is the punk forum.

So he's talking about hardcore punk.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I must tell you to my shame I don´t know any of the bands posted by you....so this is maybe waste of time, but watch these:

Rawside http://www.myspace.com/rawsidepunk
Hammerhead http://www.myspace.com/hammerheadpunk
ACK http://www.myspace.com/ackpunk

I like Rawside....Hammerhead is not so good
to be honest i don't really consider Black Flag to be hardcore, there not original punk obviously, but most hardcore bands are MUCH faster.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I like a bit of hardcore punk. Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Reagan Youth, Bad Brains...

I've seen some really good local bands, that I think might be hardcore, but I'm too much of a n00b to the genre to know for sure.

-Nassen
-Ippur
-Total Abuse
-Unit 21
-Tolar
-Krum Bums
-Voiceless Youth

I think one or two of them are "d-beat" bands. But I don't know what d-beat is.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by original=punk
the hardcore forum has osme people who actually do talk about real hardcore.

barely. i can't stand it there. they think Underoath is hardcore.
7 ****ing Seconds. Best REAL hardcore band in existence.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by opivy21
I can't let someone mention Saccharine Trust without giving them props. So here's some props for ya.

Same.
Quote by Mav-16
to be honest i don't really consider Black Flag to be hardcore, there not original punk obviously, but most hardcore bands are MUCH faster.

They formed in 1976.
Doesn't get more original punk than that.

They later became hardcore, then dirge and stoner rock to piss off the hardcore kids that used to show up to f*ck with/fight/steal from Rollins.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by showtheway
barely. i can't stand it there. they think Underoath is hardcore.

those people are called n00bs, actually go into there, they rape kids who go "oMg unDoAtH is so0 xhardxcorex!"
alright cool if this is turning into a 80s hardcore discussion my favorites are
minor threat
SSD
negative approach
bad brains
i'm not really that much of a black flag fan (!) and hearing rollins is a conservative makes it even harder to get into them. and i dont know if its just me but i dont really consider DK or MDC really hardcore they just lack the energy i guess but i still love them both

OH and jesusofsubrubia d-beat is basically a song structure that was made by discharge it involves a drum beat, known as the dis-beat and lyrics basically saying 'childrens burning flesh' etc. check out some discharge and disclose on myspace or something like that maybe 'torrents' i dont know what those are but i know alot of people on here talk about them
I like Husker Du and the Minutemen, if people consider them hardcore.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
the minutemen are welcome to any genre of music and will be better than 99% of any given band in that genre
That's true. They are soooooooo goooooood
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by SuperBlob
Yeah, this is the punk forum.

So he's talking about hardcore punk.

it says on there myspace that there hardcore.
you cnat say there not hardcore if it says on there accual websites!!!
Quote by lachyray
well bullet for my valentine has like, punk lyrics and in them and i killed the porm queen has like singing in the middle of song that is like punk so you should like dem.
if there too heavy and metal for you just say it.
dont try and lie and pretend there not hardcore when it says on there websites.
Quote by lachyray
Quote by element4433
I like Husker Du and the Minutemen, if people consider them hardcore.

I don't get why The Minutemen get put in the hardcore genre. Early Husker Du maybe, but both bands are not really hardcore at all.

I think Void are my favourite hardcore band. They stand out sound wise from most hardcore bands, they are kind of like Motorhead sped up with shouty vocals.
ah void there split with the faith is legendary

BGK (dutch hardcorepunk)
Lärm (dutch extreme fast hardcore)
i think Ian Mackaye's first band Teen Idles is good
and how bout some Judge, Gorilla Biscuits, Warzone, Youth Of Today, the necros, deep wound

Quote by cherry_bomb
^waaah gast, ik ken jou! uh sorta.

wel waarvan?
well didnt the first wave of hardcorepunk bands named themselves hardcore to dont get confused with 'normal' punk
Quote by nz_matt
well bullet for my valentine has like, punk lyrics and in them and i killed the porm queen has like singing in the middle of song that is like punk so you should like dem.

ok, give us some examples of their "punk" lyrics. no one said they were not hardcore. we just said they werent hardcore PUNK
Quote by radio_schizo
I don't get why The Minutemen get put in the hardcore genre. Early Husker Du maybe, but both bands are not really hardcore at all.

I think Void are my favourite hardcore band. They stand out sound wise from most hardcore bands, they are kind of like Motorhead sped up with shouty vocals.
I agree I think that they are called hardcore because they came out during hardcore.
Quote by nz_matt
Listen to Black Flag and Bad Brains, and then listen to Bullet for my Valentine and I Killed the Prom Queen (both horrible names BTW). There's a HUGE difference between those bands

Here

Bad Brains

Black Flag

Bullet for my Valentine

I Killed the Prom Queen
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by kurtrip
ah void there split with the faith is legendary

BGK (dutch hardcorepunk)
Lärm (dutch extreme fast hardcore)
i think Ian Mackaye's first band Teen Idles is good
and how bout some Judge, Gorilla Biscuits, Warzone, Youth Of Today, the necros, deep wound

wel waarvan?

lastfm, weet je al ?

OT: gorilla biscuits, youth of today..
soymilk please <3
Page 1 of 3