Cause that is what happens to metal over time. Well unless it's stainless steel
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
okay, cuz it kinda looks bad and I've never seen it on any other guitar so I was wondering if it was normal for it to get rusty.
There is actually some on my Gibson's pickups. Builds character in your instrument. Its cool.

IMO I think sweat makes it happen. Thats based off of nothing though.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
oh okay, sometimes I rest my hand on the bridge when I'm using a pick and my hands get sweaty so I think that's why, but I don't why the pick ups are rusty...
Metal rusts dude, unless it's pure stainless. Then it wont. But unless it's PURE stainless, it will. I have a rifle with a "stainless" barrel and reciever, and it still gets a fine powdery rust on it sometimes. It goes away with a swipe of oil though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
has anyone heard the theory that people who regularly smoke pot have more corrosive, rust-inducing fingerprints? didn't know if it was true or not.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Gibson makes a guitar with which they take all the screws and stick them in brine and then let them air dry to cause rust. I don't know why. I also don't see this post actually contributing to the thread but go figure.