Mmkay. I've got to write an essay for english centering around a conflict. It can be expository, short story, editoral, whatever, but it just has to relate to some sort of conflict. I've been thinking for about 45 minutes and I've got nothing. Interesting responses are appreciated, not just Israelis vs. Palestinians, Blacks vs. Whites, Religious nutjobs vs. atheists, etc.

Thanks!
Sonic vs. Dr. Robotnik

or

Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice? Plenty of material there for an effective essay.
i recommend making it specific. don't do whites vs. blacks because there is just too much to report. try something like coke vs pepsi.
courtney-love-killed-kurt-cobain-ists vs. courtney-love-did-not-kill-kurt-cobain-ists?
emo is a genre-ists vs. emo is not a genre-ists
4channers vs. ugers
jedi vs. sith
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
all of these materialistic things (coke vs. pepsi, pc vs. mac) won't really work. My english teacher will probably give it a D for lack of depth and insight (it's an IB class)
Quote by yawn
Red vs. Blue

LOL

how 'bout cat vs dog?
I see no sign of fortress.
Mankind vs the Enviroment
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
all of these materialistic things (coke vs. pepsi, pc vs. mac) won't really work. My english teacher will probably give it a D for lack of depth and insight (it's an IB class)
artists vs. businessmen?
liberals vs. conservatives?
lots of philisophical topics to choose from too
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
artists vs. businessmen?
liberals vs. conservatives?
lots of philisophical topics to choose from too

actually, I liked your emo suggestion the best so far.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
actually, I liked your emo suggestion the best so far.

glad to be useful, even though it be in such a closed-minded way haha. well the best thing to write about would be something you hear about every day, although it might not be so good if you have a particularly strong opinion on it. does it matter how biased you write it?
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy
glad to be useful, even though it be in such a closed-minded way haha. well the best thing to write about would be something you hear about every day, although it might not be so good if you have a particularly strong opinion on it. does it matter how biased you write it?

not really, though I don't have a particularly strong opinion on it anyway. I think they're self- victimizing losers, for the most part, but I don't go out of my way to **** with them.
Quote by blue_strat
Upper-class vs Working-class?
Preps vs Chavs?
Moral Relativists vs Theocracies?

. . . When have preps and chavs ever been on the same continent nevermind a conflict.
i had a similar essay a few years ago. i did it on technology, and how conflict (ie wars, competition between rival companies) helps advance it. theres a book called "science goes to war" that talks all about it. i liked the idea because everyone elses stuff was about racism/sectarianism etc so i got a bit more credit for being slightly more imaginitive.
i dont know, some of these are good topics to right about but just dont pass the "who cares??" test. i wouldnt reccomend doing a cliched hot button topic like abortion, etc. there isnt too much you can say about it that hasnt already been said, and its hard to write something like that without a heavy bias in it. english teachers dont like biased sounding essays, especially if they disagree with them. another suggestion. NEVER write in absolutes. there is no subject that is absolute. for instance , most people in the states own or drive a car, right? in fact almost all of them. but if you were to write, "all americans drive, blah blah blah" that would be wrong. doesnt matter what else you write about after that, but if someone is reading your essay and they come across a generalization that they can easily prove wrong, why would they read the rest of it?
Quote by ShoTown
. . . When have preps and chavs ever been on the same continent nevermind a conflict.

Quois?