Page 1 of 2
Quote by muffinman123192
Get a new amp. You'll never get decent tone out of an MG.

You will hear that alot, but it's true, you wont get a good tone out of an mg.
Neither your guitar or amp are really suited to EVH's tone. The distinctive effects on Eruption are the overdrive and flanger or phaser, but the more basic things, like a maple fingerboard, and valve amplifier, make a huge difference.
if u rly want EVH tone, try to get something like a 5150, and then put a different bridge pickup in ur Ibanez. Im not sure what exactly Eddie used in his Frankenstrat.
Quote by blue_strat
Neither your guitar or amp are really suited to EVH's tone. The distinctive effects on Eruption are the overdrive and flanger or phaser, but the more basic things, like a maple fingerboard, and valve amplifier, make a huge difference.

I never noticed a flanger in eruption

elaborate.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I dont play usually EVH but i wanna try it .so if i can close that tone it would be enough for me
can you play eruption?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
good question =) like i said i wanna try i think this would be good for study this picking technique
You do know you don't need a certain tone to play a song, right? Plus, it's tapping, innit (the party you're trying)?
Ben
^ nevermind getting the right effects for now, just try and nail the song first.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Guitarman015
I never noticed a flanger in eruption

elaborate.

Sorry, it's a phaser isn't it.
Still. where's the phaser?
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

Quote by Wikipedia
A phaser, 1950s Gibson humbucker pickup, 1960s Marshall tube amp, tape-driven Echoplex, Univox echo box, and studio plate reverb helped define the distinctive tone of the track.

__
You do know you don't need a certain tone to play a song, right? Plus, it's tapping, innit (the party you're trying)?

Yes you're right but i guess for this picking technique sustain must be strong (maybe i'm wrong) which pedal help me more i just wanted to know it
Quote by blue_strat
__

No, where's the phaser come in with the song?
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

if you want help with sustain and the tapping part then a compressor is your friend
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
it's all in the fingers

Eddie used a phase 90 set to minimum when the tapping starts. It's subtle but really thickens the sound and gives great textue
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by mmacloadd
good question =) like i said i wanna try i think this would be good for study this picking technique

what's your current gear? assuming your guitar is playable, and your amp has built-in overdrive/distortion, you probably don't need any new kit...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Guitarman015
No, where's the phaser come in with the song?

In the tapping section, at least.
i wanna ask more one thing Will i buy reverb pedal or change my amp and buy mg15cdfx (or another amp if you suggest )
I'd say buy a new amp, with reverb on it. I'd recommend a Vox AD15VT over a MG15CDFX.
^ i'd recommend almost anything over an mg15. but yeah, a vox would be nicer. roland cube 30 if you can stretch to it too (avoid the cube 15 or 20x, as they don't have amp models).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i looked up vox its really nice but here it's really expensive what would you suggest more suitable my budget .
Quote by Dave_Mc
can you play eruption?

Davey cracks me up.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have 250 300 $ but in my country prices are different from yours and if you look above u can see they are unbalanced i'm lookin for amps have price close marshall's
Tell Us What Country You Live In.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
peavey blazer 115, clean channel, gain channel, 3 band eq, reverb. all you need and sound pretty good. should be around the same price as the marshall. it's also incredibly loud for a little guy
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
not very good. take a look at cheap peaveys. peavey backstage is nice and probably about half the price of the MG too, the blazer and rage are also very nice little amps
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Page 1 of 2