Page 1 of 2
Hello, I'm looking for tabs of some Rusty Cooley songs. If anybody could either make or find me a complete tab for either The Butcher or The War of the Angels, it would be greatly appreciated. Guitar Pro would be preferred, though I'm fine with other formats. Also, if anyone needs a complete tab for Under the Influence or The Duel, let me know. Thanks!
Jesus Christ, that's a lot to ask.

I'm giving The Butcher a shot right now.

And I'd like a complete tab for Under the Influence, I've got most of it tabbed out (The second guitar pro version on this site) but there were quite a few bits i didn't get.
Buckethead JR, I saw a thread from a few months back--were you working on Raise hell? How'd that go? I would like that tab if you have it. For UTI, i'm not done combining the two tabs I have for it for the most correct version--Would you like me to send you both or wait until I finish combining them?
Yeah, that was me, got most of Raise Hell down at the moment, just need the solo for it =/ and patch up a few other parts.

And I can wait till you're finished, no rush
If you send me a PM with what parts you're still working on I'll see if I can help...I'm currently lacking a seven string, but I'm prolly gonna get one at around the end of the month. I can also Check for acuraccy if you want me to on other parts ;-), although most of your tabs seem very good. If you have any other tabs you need, let me know and I'll see if I can get/make some good ones. Finally, if you know of any good Dave Martone or Mattias Eklundh tabs, let me know. For some reason the tabs on Martone's website wouldn't download for me. Thanks!
I just submitted the complete tab to Under the Influence, by Rusty Cooley. It may have a few errors, due to the difficulty of the song, but just as likely will be one or two typos since it's so long. It at least seems to be a very good tab, imo though. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or possibly requests, let me know. So buckethead, how's your stuff going? If you ever want some help, I'd be hapy too. Just let me know.
Thanks. I'll check that out soon. For now I was using a variant of the GP one on UG (its in rusty cooley tabs), but I'll compare it with yours and see what happens. Hows Raise Hell coming. I would love to help if I can. Or on the Butcher, but thats....a bit harder. Haha
Finished Raise Hell, just waiting to get it accepted

Not got far with the Butcher done though

I can't seem to get that intro melody after the intro riff.
Ah well.
I had it as Outworld, and i had a link to their site, so it should get accepted.

And thanks, it does sound like 5 string sweeps, but i couldn't get the notes from it, i'll try again tomorrow though.
Ah, I've just started to tab WarCry, an easy one, I'm suprised it hasn't been tabbed already, The Butcher was a bit too hard for me
yeah, Butcher is one of his hardest songs imo from listening to it. If I decide to do one of his songs instead of an outworld song, I'll look into either EBE, or War of the Angels. Possibly something else though (The Jasmine Song seems easier than them...even though I don't like it as much....)
buckethead, if Raise hell doesn't get accepted soon can you email it to me either tomorrow, thurs, or Friday? After listening to it again War cry shouldn't be too bad otherthan the solo. Good luck with it.

PS--I should be ordering my seven string tomorrow, so when I get it I'll get back to tabbing.
I got my 7 string guitar today. I would like to start tabbing by the end of tomorrow at the latest. Possibilities for songs I will do are:

Riders, by Outworld
Outworld, by Outworld
War of the Angels, by Rusty Cooley
Hillbilly Militia, by Rusty Cooley
EBE, by Rusty Cooley (hesitant to do this due to difficulty)
or The Butcher, by Rusty Cooley (again hesitant, due to difficulty)

Let me know what you guys would like me to do....and how come no one has accepted Buckethead_jr's tab for Raise Hell, by Outworld yet?
Anybody? since no one has answered, last night I started Outworld, by Outworld, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through the rythm guitar. I also did a little work on Hillbilly Militia, where I've figured out the pattern for the info, and just have to move it around more for the last section of the intro.
Temporarily, I'm kind of stuck trying to tab things since my computer with guitar pro crashed....I should be getting a new one soon. I've gotten more of Outworld's rythm guitar done, and also started on War of the Angels. I will try to finish rythm guitar on Outworld today, then work on drums, then lead guitar, bass, and keyboards. Hopefully, it should be done relatively soon.
I've submitted Butcher guitar pro tab a few days ago.You can download it and rate it.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
^No,it's not whole the song.Just sweeping solo.
Quote by zappp
^I have just a project in progress.So early.Stay in touch.
Quote by zappp
Quote by TheShred201
Okay. If you or anyone else would like to work together to tab one of his or a Francesco Fareri song, let me know.

Isn't this guy who plays 33 notes/sec?
Oh no I'm sick and tired of tabbing fast shreders songs.You know what?Speed is not all about guitar.
Quote by zappp
Yeah, it would be great to have some Cooley songs. E.B.E. is one hell of a song, though since I own not a 7-string, there's no way I would try to tab any song of the 7-stringed virtuosos.
Emad, according to the Fastest nps thread, on like page 46 or something, that was debunked and it's really 16 nps. Frankly, I don't like his music, but none of it is tabbed, and learning songs like that is very good for building up technical prowess. And I think you meant guitar is not all about speed :-D. I agree with you there, but it's nice to have that ability at your disposal should you ever need it.
Buckethead, you want to work together on anything? Oh, and I actually was looking at suspension bit....only with a group..., but in the video, the guitar isn't eq'd loud enough for you to hear all of it.....I wonder how the recording sounds...
Quote by buckethead_jr
Yeah, tab this guys: http://youtube.com/watch?v=z4MrEtV8zSE

And I've started E.B.E, and I've tried submitting Raise Hell, lets hope it gets accepted this time.

Yeah, I have Francesco Fareri's album, and I have to say, since the production for his album is crap, watching him play his songs is 100 fold more impressive. I don't care if all he's doing is playing hellish arpeggios, it's still amazing.....

Cool about E.B.E and Raise Hell Buckethead jr, I've come across a lot of your tabs on UG that I use, you're the man.
Quote by TheShred201
Buckethead, you want to work together on anything? Oh, and I actually was looking at suspension bit....only with a group..., but in the video, the guitar isn't eq'd loud enough for you to hear all of it.....I wonder how the recording sounds...

Sure thing.

But Suspension in the video is better quality, the version on the CD doesn't sound that good.
Not to mention he has like 3 guitars going on at once in the CD, like where he plays slowly in the video there are insane arpeggios in it played by another guitar.
Rusty Cooley used to teach lessons at a little shop in Spring Texas called "Music-go-round". I knew he was a semi-famous shredder, and sometimes I would sit and watch him play in his booth. I wish I had taken lessons from him.
Haha....It would have been sweet to have taken lessons from him. I've heard both good and bad things about him as a teacher though.

Buckethead, if we stick to Rusty Cooley songs for working together, I'm leaning towards War of the Angels, The Butcher, or if you would like, EBE. If we go to other artists, until we narrow down to an artist, I really don't have a preference.

Oh, and Nekryph, if you want to work together on non-7 string stuff, that's cool with me too.

Anyone else who wants to join up to work on stuff, PM me or post.
I'm leaning towards War of the Angels, The Butcher, or if you would like, EBE.

Ok then, I guess I'll start tabbing parts from all three of those songs then. I suppose since you are much more qualified, I could send any finished riffs I tab to your UG account or something.
Nekryph, I have a few comments:

One, don't worry about EBE for now--Buckethead is doing it, and if he wants help, feel free, but it's pointless until we see his to tab parts he already may have. For War of the Angels, I have the opening riff, which does use the 7th string.

Second, I'm not "much more qualified". You are just as much as me.

Also, if you don't want to worry about 7 string stuff, as I said, I would be happy to tab 6 string stuff, like Dave Martone, Mattias Eklundh, Michael Angelo Batio, or others. I would prefer to tab songs which have not been tabbed before, but also ones that there aren't good tabs for. I don't like doing what other's have done before me. Handily though, much of the 7 string stuff is on the higher strings.
I submitted a Mattias Eklundh GP tab, but then realized I hadn't saved the changes I made, so I re-made the changes, and submitted the new one. So if anyone is looking at them, the gp4 version has problems which are fixed on the gp5. I figured out another part of the guitar for Outworld by Outworld. I'm probably going to start working on the solo next week.
Quote by TheShred201
Nekryph, I have a few comments:

One, don't worry about EBE for now--Buckethead is doing it, and if he wants help, feel free, but it's pointless until we see his to tab parts he already may have. For War of the Angels, I have the opening riff, which does use the 7th string.

Second, I'm not "much more qualified". You are just as much as me.

Also, if you don't want to worry about 7 string stuff, as I said, I would be happy to tab 6 string stuff, like Dave Martone, Mattias Eklundh, Michael Angelo Batio, or others. I would prefer to tab songs which have not been tabbed before, but also ones that there aren't good tabs for. I don't like doing what other's have done before me. Handily though, much of the 7 string stuff is on the higher strings.

Well, I manage tabbing some 7 string stuff since I use guitar pro and if I have the tuning, it's fairly simple to guess the notes. And yes, you are more qualified probably because I am not a lead guitar player at all. I can play some extremely challenging rhythm (like Necrophagist) but I hardly have any knowledge of soloing, that doesn't mean though that I can't tab solos.

I don't know Martone, seen and heard some of Eklundh crazy stuff, and am a fan of Batio. I've actually submitted a few half completed tabs of some of his songs off his latest album, but all were rejected, I guess I shouldn't have chose FULL TAB. I don't know where to start, so whatever song you want to do, I'm good....
I still say that you aren't more qualifed. If you've done half a batio album tab, then you have more experience tabbing this style of music than I do. Let's not argue anymore though.
I love guitar pro, though I do most tabbing without it, then transfer the tab.

For the Batio, try submitting them as separate songs. Then, if you tab the rest make an album tab.

I'm working on adding the drums to an eklundh song (lisas pssion for heavy metal), and the drums are pretty easy so it will be up soon.

For a song for us to do, it's quite hard, but I say The Butcher, by Rusty Cooley.
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't submit an ALBUM TAB, as I usually submit GP. I submitted a few separate songs but none of them were fully completed. Anyway yeah, forget it.

Yeah, The Butcher is real cool for sure, though I don't particularly like the vocal version The Machine. I suppose I'll start on that then.
Page 1 of 2