I Just picked up a used guitar from a local Pawn Shop this afternoon.
Paid about $60.00 for it, Canadian.

Problem is, No one there knows a damn thing about it.
And I've been unable to find any info on it online.

So...

Here's the Stats:

It's a Tempo Eletric guitar, Red to black Sunburst. 19 Frets.
Has what looks like 2 humbucker pickups and two sliding activation switches.
At some point in time, it had a Bigsby tailpeice, but it's been broken and is now held together with a pin.
The only other information I can find on it is that it's made in Korea, And the serial number is T610.
The tag that was on it reads: "Guitel Tempo SG/Str 2.

And That's about it.

I remember reading somewhere that Tempo's went out of production sometime in the 70's. If so, I might hang on to this.

Above all, I need some serious help. It has a 2 day return policy, and I'm working Friday, So it's kinda up to tomorrow.

Anyone? Did I get ripped off? Is this really something I should consider keeping?

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
How does it play?

Any guitar is worth 60 bucks if it plays nicely
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you got any guitar for 60 bucks, it seems like a deal. I'll try to find something for you, though.

Edit: Theres another tempo guitar here selling for 500 USD, which I think is about the same as Canadian right now.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Last edited by Sapient at Oct 17, 2007,
Dude. $60 you can't go wrong. I bought my bass for £25. It's ****. Absolute ****. one pick up has broken off. There's a hole in the back. The G string makes a weird buzzing noise. I still think it was worth buying (a cos I don't have another bass) but also because even if it does sound crap it looks nice on my wall
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
Sapient, Thanks for the link!

It's the same color as that one, and has a "Zero Fret" along with the Bigsby.

Yeah, $60.00 Canadian/American (Same Difference now) IS pretty much a steal. I have to agree