My schools talent show is coming up in a couple of months. I am looking for a song to play for it.

Im looking for a song that has some simpler sweep picking in it, because i have only been learning it for a couple of months, and i only know a few patterns right now. It also cant be really heavy metal( even tho i wish it could), because my school is a bunch of rap loving mofos. I dont want it to be too difficult, because this is my first time playing infront of an audience, and im expecting the worst.

Edit: Does it have to have sweep picking in it? YES, im using this song to kill 2 birds with one stone. Im using it for the talent show, and it will be the first song that i have ever learned with sweep picking in it.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Wylde_Man at Oct 17, 2007,
I'm Alright - Neil Zaza.

Frikkin' immense upbeat shred song (not too hard either) and the live version has some good sweeping in it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
ooh, ooh. how bout "black star" or "allegro", by Yngwie Malmsteen, or "Fury of the storm", by Dragonforce. xD

I keed, I keed. but seriously, umm... "duncan Hills Cofee Jingle" ain't too hard, and it has sweep pickings in it. Tis By Dethklok.
Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold. not a horrible song, and the solo is pretty cool.
what about trivium - we are the fire ?

that solo has some simpler sweep picking...and cool 3 not per string runs.
hell's kitchen by dream theater is cool and neil zaza's i'm alright that song is hella fun to play
Quote by toshiro umezewa
ooh, ooh. how bout "black star" or "allegro", by Yngwie Malmsteen, or "Fury of the storm", by Dragonforce. xD

I keed, I keed. but seriously, umm... "duncan Hills Cofee Jingle" ain't too hard, and it has sweep pickings in it. Tis By Dethklok.

Can't be metal dude
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Are there no tabs of Neil Zaza's I'm Alright live version with the sweeps, ive spent an hour looking and cant find any. I was really looking forward to learning it =(((

can anyone tell me where to find one?
do some rap metal songs lol. bring the noise or aerosmith's walk this way. last year at my schools talent show this band did walk this way and had 2 black kids rap like run dmc
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
do some rap metal songs lol. bring the noise or aerosmith's walk this way. last year at my schools talent show this band did walk this way and had 2 black kids rap like run dmc

Go to the Ultimate-NoMusicalTalent forums.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison