Since I wasn't getting much feedback on the "Which amp Q & A" thread I thought I'd try in the forum itself via a new thread. I'll just quote what I put. So this is basically another, "Which Amp?" thread.

I'm going to post here and see if I get a response instead of posting a new thread.

I'm looking for a new amp, considering I only have a starter amp which came with my Strat copy, I think it's time for an upgrade.

In total I have about ~£500 to spend on a new amp. At the moment I'm only a bedroom player but hope to progress onto jamming with other people. I play mainly Hard Rock/Hair/Glam. So stuff by bands like Motley Crue, Poison, GN'R etc.

Thanks in advance

And these were the first, and only recommendations:

Tiny Terror + 1x12/2x12 cab.

Peavey Windsor Studio (not out yet, nobody can be sure)

Used Orange Rocker 30. This would be perfect, but new they go for £610, and you'll be lucky to get one at under £500 used.

Used Marshall JCM 800/900 2x12 Combo. There are a couple on the net for £350 roughly. Sounds like good value, IMO. If you want links I can pm them.

Laney VC30 + an OD pedal for higher gain stuff. Excellent value amps.

Any of the amps above stand out above the rest for the type of music I prefer to play? Or any others that are better?

Thank you.
Quote by uldhppi
You can't go wrong with Marshall (no MG) for what you play.

Any specific type?

Quote by 14shadesofblue

try to find a used orange

Orange Rocker 30 Combo?

Thanks so far guys. Bit of a noob when it comes to amps
Windsor all the way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Laney VC/LC 30, the Mashall if u can find one, and the Peavey Windsor would be awesome. Maybe a Crate Palomino w/ an OD for higher gain.
Yeah, wasn't paying attention there - Windsor might not turn out to be quite such good value over here, used JCM 800 would be perfect though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I might have a look around and see if I can find a JCM 800 about. If that fails, which one would be the best bet - as a backup?
for whay you play i think you could find a jcm 800 within your price range easily. Alot of those artists used marshall jcm 800 so there is not much of a reason to fake the funk, just get the real thing.

just remember that the tone you really want is from a moded jcm 800, cuz hardly anyone played a stock 800.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I don't play you're style, but the Traynor Custom Valve 40 is an amazing amp. I got mine used for $400CDN. It can't do high gain, unless you push it further with a boost, but it's an excellent amp with awesome tone!
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab