im looking for a new amp
like a 10-15w beginner amp for like 50-100$ i can practice on and get a decent sound quality
any suggestions?
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Peavey Vypyr 15
Fender delrin .73, Tortex .50, .60, .71, & .50 shark fins
Microcube
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
orange tiny terror!!!.... hahaha....

option in that range are too wide... id go for a roland cube
^Yup, that or the VOX DA-5

Edit: at Yingwi3
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
UG will hate me for this but im gonna say the spider iii by line 6
Quote by Eminored
The Pit is like the black market man. Everything's faster and you don't have to speak correct English.
Quote by just17n8
id go for a roland cube

+1
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by albino_flamingo

microcube > any spider.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Cube is good, about $125 USD. Peavey Backstage, about $60. Two very good starter amps, decent sound. The Cube has built-in effects that sound reasonably good to me, and I hate digital/modeling. The Peavey sounds much more like a tube amp. For metal the Cube is better, for blues/classic rock the Peavey. Might get lucky and get a deal at a pawn shop (watch out for sharks) but no MG's or Spiders (junk/bad sound.)
Quote by albino_flamingo

whoa whoa whoa....hold on buddy....
I totally agree. But only if you have extreme paitence, which coindentally, UG doesn't have.
But if your lookin for a cheapie, Peavey Backstage. Just don't try using stompboxes with it....
Quote by uldhppi
Cube is good, about $125 USD. Peavey Backstage, about $60. Two very good starter amps, decent sound. The Cube has built-in effects that sound reasonably good to me, and I hate digital/modeling. The Peavey sounds much more like a tube amp. For metal the Cube is better, for blues/classic rock the Peavey. Might get lucky and get a deal at a pawn shop (watch out for sharks) but no MG's or Spiders (junk/bad sound.)

i'd definitely look at some of the low end peaveys. blazer, rage etc very nice amps, they won't have all the effects and models like the cube and vox, but they sound pretty nice for the price. i'm still reasonably happy with my peavey blazer which was my first amp
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD