i am new to the world of bass guitars and acceseries and i was wondering what should be the first distortion pedal i should get?
Quote by Lobsterdeth
Russiann Big Muff lol!

DUDE you are barking up the wrong tree.

Diesel Dawg FTW if you can find one. They're made by Gallien Krueger.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I hated the distortion channel on my Backline 115, isn't that what the Diesel Dawg is, just that channel put into a pedal?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by larze_fat
i am new to the world of bass guitars and acceseries and i was wondering what should be the first distortion pedal i should get?

If you're new to bass, you should probably practice a while before looking into pedals, however I like the sound my M-80 gives me on the distortion channel.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by hatebreed219
I hated the distortion channel on my Backline 115, isn't that what the Diesel Dawg is, just that channel put into a pedal?

As far as G&K are concerned it's the distortion circuit from their flagship 2001rb amps. I've heard many bad things about the backline series and many good things about the artist series amps, so I doubt it's the same sound.

The 2001rb distortion sounded good to my ears, and the clip of the diesel dawg from thefitz's link sounds good too. If you can afford it I'd check it out
If you have the money and like a very warm overdrive sound, get the EBS valvedrive.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Funkbass796
If you have the money and like a very warm overdrive sound, get the EBS valvedrive.

I want that so bad but there is no way I'm dropping that much for a pedal.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
^ Dude, thread hijack much?

Those pedals are totally different and only have the company in common. The first one is a compressor that has 2 bands (low and high). This pedal is good if you find that some notes are way too loud and others aren't. This is especially relevant on active basses.

The second pedal is your 'auto-wah' that's so clichee nowadays in white boy funk.

That last pedal is an octave pedal. It drops a note an octave below the note you play for some thick sounds. Totally useless with any note under A, however.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
^ Dude, thread hijack much?

Those pedals are totally different and only have the company in common. The first one is a compressor that has 2 bands (low and high). This pedal is good if you find that some notes are way too loud and others aren't. This is especially relevant on active basses.

The second pedal is your 'auto-wah' that's so clichee nowadays in white boy funk.

That last pedal is an octave pedal. It drops a note an octave below the note you play for some thick sounds. Totally useless with any note under A, however.

Well, you know the thread police would have bitched if I started a new pedal thread

Thanks for the info! I have been playing for a while but haven't looked too much into affects. I really want to get into them, but I just have no clue what I am talking about.
4 strings good, 6 strings bad.