I've been looking at this for a bit now but I want some opinions on them. First off, do they actualy give you splinters, does anyone like the way they look and can you sand them down?

Also important. Do they sound good?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
They don't give you splinters and most that buy them already like the way they look. Haven't heard any negatives about the sound, but the neck is fat.
Don't buy it just because it's one of the cheaper Les Pauls.

Buy it because you like it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
its odd but i really like the BFG, its the only gibson guitar i've played that i've ever liked, but the price doesn't justify it - i wouldn't pay more than £200 for it to be honest...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
its a peice of drift wood with gibson on it, i played it, and didnt like a lot of things, like the volume and tone controls, and also the pick up in the neck. But when i saw Gary Moore at the brighton dome he used one, and ripped it up amazingly....
I think they sound amazing. But they have a very "thrown-together" look I don't like. Especially the wood tone controls.
if you dont like the look there was a limited edition studio that had bfg components that looked wayyy more cleaner and better and the neck is better
So In general it's alright
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Gibson doesn't build crap. Some of their cheaper guitars aren't as well built but all of their guitars are good. Finding the right Gibson for you is going to be your decision though. A company that spans 100 years is going to have tons of different guitars, necks, hardware, and specific features on certain guitars that you will have to determine whether or not you like it by trying it out.

Needless to say, I really want to try out a BFG, they look like Bad ****ing guitars.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by FacingUsAll
Don't buy it just because it's one of the cheaper Les Pauls.

Buy it because you like it .

Quote by MESAexplorer
Gibson doesn't build crap. ... Needless to say, I really want to try out a BFG, they look like Bad ****ing guitars.

Don't forget the P90 neck and the hotter/warmer than usual Burstbucker bridge PUs.

I only wish it had the 2nd tone control instead of the mini-toggle at the volume which controls PU selection. I suppose it's the best way to get the killswitch there. You should try it.

I'd love to try one, and play with it's wiring and things a bit. Only Gibson I ever looked at and though "I could see myself paying real money for that".

Mmm, mabye that's because it reminds me of my other guitars...unfinished and splintery...