I have read all over the web about how Derek Trucks uses no effects and uses only his guitar ans his amp... but then i seen this picture...
HERE
... if you follow Derek's guitar cable from his guitar it looks like it plugs into the "effects " to the bottom right of the pic...

Any thoughts.... And if they are effects can anyone tell what they are?
the one on the right is a tuner. not sure what the one on the left is, but it's shaped like a MXR EQ pedal.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Im almost positive the left one is a morely line selector, i garuntee derek uses more than just one amp setting, so he has to have multiple amps. you can even see two separate amps in the pic
it's an eq(not competely sure about that) and a tuner

edit:

i agree with the guy above me, it could be either a line selector or an eq
Yeah i agree^.

He has amazing control over the slide. There are some good slide players on YouTube copying his style though...
Quote by dragon77
Looks like a tuner and a line selector, not effects

exactly what i was going to say
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton