Right any one whos come across my amp posts will know that basically I've been looking for a decent amp I can gig with but also get away with bedroom playing ,,,, But after certain problems like money issues, and the Kustom defender I found for under 300 being too loud to use even at low volumes in my bedroom (50 watts) I've decided f*** it I'm just going to get a cheaper valve amp

I.e the laney LC15R,,,,,,any good? (I tend to play metal and am expanding into other genres such as blues)

P.s I will get the 30 watt mk2 version if I can stretch that far though
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
i thought that the LC15 was bright and a bit brittle to the ear - you are best trying it out but I bought one and got rid of it - actually preferred my AD50VT - many people might recommend the VC15 and a metal pedal. I wouldnt know, sorry
I do get the feeling the VC 15 is better but its a little bit more money and since my budgets so tight at that price I may as well go for broke and go for the LC30
Gear:
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
hmm id really recommend playing it first - for a start, im not sure the LC30 can do bedroom playing.... it is LOUD! and secondly, i just went for it with the LC15 and i was bitterly disappointed - it is really worth trying first. My styles are blues and rock - SRV, Guns n Roses, Led Zep, Pearl Jam, that sorta thing (an emphasis on Slash!...) and i was disappointed by the amp - what are you into? The VC suited my style better, but i went for it as i could only afford the LC, and i regretted it.... hope you make the right choice
yeah I've tried the LC ones out , there nt bad, and yeah the 30 is loud but I need something that can handle at least small gigs (i'm looking to branch out and I doubt I'll need 50 watts to start :p lol) so it could suit my needs,

Though I only managed to try out the LC15 and that was only cause a friend has it local stores dont have em and wont order them in just to try (not as good as I'd like but LC 15 fit the bill if It came to it for the price)

Best I've managed for the LC-30 and the VC equivalents is youtube and a friend that says VC's are best outa the bunch for metal
Gear:
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Oh yeah and I'm into metal mostly though I;m experimenting with blues stuff as well (apparantly at the early stage of a year knowledge of multiple genres will enhance me :p hehe)

I have heard that the VC 30 is better for metal specially with an OD pedal attached :p
Gear:
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Quote by sajuuk
Oh yeah and I'm into metal mostly though I;m experimenting with blues stuff as well (apparantly at the early stage of a year knowledge of multiple genres will enhance me :p hehe)

I have heard that the VC 30 is better for metal specially with an OD pedal attached :p

As far as I know (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but you've got it the wrong way round.

Laney VC's are lower gain, more vintage and 'British' sounding

Laney LC's are higher gain, more modern and 'American' sounding

if I was to choose between the 2 for metal, I'd get an LC.

That being said, I myself have an LC30 and I play pretty heavy stuff at times, but you'll need the help of pedals. For the bedroom playing issue, the Laney LC30 WILL work at volumes as low as that (mine does just fine) but obviously as you aren't working it at all, it's not gonna sound as good as it could.
^ +1, basically.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?